•°•°•°•°•°•

You spent the next century searching for a place to stay before settling on Australia. A wide settings, far, far away from any human residences. As you and Gilgamesh tried to find ways to get her back when an episode occurs, hard were the understatement of the century.

Both of you learned that fighting her only makes things worse. Running away wasn't an option. You tried locking her down in a room, and it ended up with the three of you having to build the whole house over again because she destroyed it to the ground. For some time, the only way to stop her was Gilgamesh knocking her unconscious, like the first time.

Besides the failed attempts and false discovery on stopping her madness, the three of you bonded more than you ever had throughout your whole life. Gil loved cooking, so Thena and you bought an apron with the words "Kiss the cook" as a joke. He sulked for a few days about it, but then would never take it off while in the kitchen.

Thena had a little sanctuary in the backyard of the house, where she would paint to calm her thoughts. You'd sit there with her and hum random songs, and Gil would occasionally join. It'd usually end up with you and the male eternal making a fool out of yourselves, but at least Thena was smiling again, and you both thought it was worth it.

Gilgamesh went into the city the first time it happened. He said, specifically, not to burn the house down while he was away. It was when a horde of what seems to be an army marched past, and no, they weren't close. But it was the battle cries that triggered Thena, who were just sipping her tea on the couch.

You do not have the power to effectively knock her down like Gil does, and you were running out of ideas on how to limit her because this woman does not tire. You'd have loved the idea in certain situations, but this wasn't one of it. Ducking from a sword swung at your head, you turned to see Gilgamesh's cupboard cut in half. "Oh, no." Time to get her outside.

You wrapped your arms tightly around her and flew through the roof (breaking it in the process, but we'll talk about that later), You threw Thena onto the ground, wincing as you watched her stumble. "Thena," Drawing out her name as a warning, you lowered yourself and set your foot on the sand. "This doesn't have to get ugly." Another sword formed in her hand.

Gilgamesh and you have always tried to talk her out of an episode, but none seemed to break through. It sort of became a habit to make small talks while trying to figure out a way, though it always ended the same.

As she charged at you, a golden string appeared on the ground and slithered to her, a wall of soil rose around her and efficiently trapping her inside it. Groans and screams of frustration rang out as she pounded and hit the shit out of the little prison you created.

Walking to her, you touched the tough soil and it glowed a warm yellow, on the inside, Thena stopped struggling. Her breaths evened out, and her weapons disappeared. With a pounding heart, you thawed the barrier between the two of you like it was ice, and your eyes settled on the woman standing in front of you. Her eyes were still white and blank, but you felt the burn of her stare.

"Hey, love." You held out your hand, palm facing the sky. "It's okay," Taking a step forward, you gained a piece of confidence when she didn't back away. "No one's gonna hurt you. I'm here." Her calloused hand was shaking as she clasped it with yours and you squeezed it gently. "That's it, you're doing great, honey."

The sun was blaring down on the two of you, the quiet wind blowing the sand and it almost seemed like a dream you've had. As soon as her forehead touched yours, the whites clouding her eyes faded, and she stared at you in shock. You grinned from ear to ear, the excitement of having brought her back consuming your whole being. Thena smiled at the little invention, a sigh leaving her lips and she leaned her head on your shoulder, her eyes gleaming for the first time in years. It felt like a weight have been lifted off her aching heart ever since that night.

Golden [Thena Imagines]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara