“Your friend is right. You brought her back as an Akuma. And now she has to do my biding,” he said.

            “No,” I said softly. Then my eyes narrowed and I said angrily, “You tricked me!”
            “Oh, I didn’t trick you. I told you I’d bring her back and that’s what I did. You never asked for any more information,” he objected.

            I growled in anger but I heard the loud of mechanical parts moving behind me. I flipped towards Akania as the metal skeleton slashed down with one of its arms. I cried out in shock and backed up. Just in time too. The arm sliced right in front of me, but I didn’t get away unscathed. Pain seared over my right eye. I screamed in pain and clamped my left hand over my right eye, tears streaming down my cheeks in a steady flow. Then metal tendrils wrapped around my arms, pulling my hand away from my eye and tightening around my body. I struggled as the tendrils picked me up and threw me to the ground on my back, keeping a tight grip on me.

            “I curse you Mayura! I curse you for doing this to me! I curse you!” Akania cried out in anger, standing over me.

            I was terrified but I knew I couldn’t lay here and let her kill me. Something in me told me that she wasn’t doing this on her own will. I mean, she was obviously cursing me of her own will, but she would never kill me. I had to fight back. I screamed in anger and fear and arched my back. The movement caught her off guard and the tendrils around me loosened for a few moments. During those precious few moments, I slipped my arms out of the tendrils and gripped them by the top. Then I pushed myself out before she could tighten them. As she tightened them, I pulled my legs out and the tendrils closed around air.

            “I’m sorry Akania!” I screamed, scooting away and jumping to my feet.

            “Akania, I order you to kill her now!” the man yelled as I backed up.

            Akania struggled, making grunting sounds as she took a lurching step towards me. I could tell she was fighting, but she seemed to not be able to control herself. I looked at the man in front of me, narrowing my eyes.

            “Who are you?” I growled.

            He merely laughed. “So you decide to know before you die? All right then. I am the Millennium Earl and I make these creatures. They are called Akuma. And thanks to you, a new one has been born today!” he cried out joyfully.

            Just then, Akania cried out and jumped towards me. I let out a cry of surprise and turned, bolting away. I heard her slam to the ground where I had been standing. I ran out of the cemetery and back towards the village as fast as my legs could carry me.

            “Stop her! Don’t let her get away!” the Earl cried behind me.

            I heard Akania get up behind me and start chasing me. I had to run faster. I took a sharp right and dove into the trees to my right. My house could be seen through the underbrush. If I could get to my house and get my sword from the chest in my room, I might stand a chance. I raced through the brush, knocking it aside and jumping over logs. I could hear Akania racing after me. I didn’t have long before she caught me.

            When I finally was able to run out of the trees, I raced towards my house. I grabbed the doorknob and threw the back door open, racing in and closing it behind me. I locked it before racing through the house to my room in the back. I knew the locked door wouldn’t hold her off for long, but I needed every second I could get. As I heard the metal skeleton slam into the locked door, I ran into my room and slammed the door closed behind me.