Part 15: Decision [Ending Rewritten]

Почніть із самого початку

Erzebet: "Your armor is on the workbench"

I looked at her, then back to the sets of armor.

"I don't see my armor there"

Erzebet moved her body so she could see the workbench. She pointed to the set of Black Prior armor that was next to hers and spoke.

Erzebet: "That's your armor right there"

I stared at the black armor. Erzebet pulled herself out of the bed and stood next to me. She softly put a hand on my right shoulder and spoke.

Erzebet: "Last night you said you trusted me. So I made you a member of the Black Priors. I thought it would be fitting for you to look like one of us since you're a member"

I walked to the workbench and slightly lifted the cloth and metal uniform. This didn't feel right.

"I can't wear this, Erzebet. It doesn't feel right"

Erzebet stood next to me once again and spoke softly.

Erzebet: "Why? Why doesn't it feel right?"

I set the armor back down and spoke.

"I can't wear it. I feel like it's wrong since I'm still a Ward-"

Erzebet turned her head so her eyes met mine. Her dark brown eyes pierced into my soul and she spoke.

Erzebet: "Jürgen, you dropped your oaths as a Warden the second you started this crusade of ours. What do you think the Order of the Wardens would think of you when they hear about what you've done here?"

I stood silent and Erzebet continued.

Erzebet: "Don't speak to me about your virtues of honor and chivalry. The concept of chivalry is so ridiculous. Even for a Warden, chivalry is something that cannot be fully lived up to."

"What makes you say all of that?"

Erzebet: "It basically asks for a person to be selfless and overall perfect. Which are two things nearly every person in this world isn't"

I took a step back from the table and Erzebet.

"At least it gives someone something to strive for. The thought of honor and chivalry gives people hope. Hope that there are others who are selfless enough to help them"

Erzebet: "Hope is a putrid thing. It's a weakness, just like peace. Like peace it's a poison, a disease, a veil that blinds people. Blinds them from the real world"

"Yet hope is what's kept all of our peoples going. We've survived on hope. Hope that one day we'll never have to fight again or at least as frequently. Hope that one day things will settle and that there will be peace"

Erzebet picked up the helmet that went to the extra set of Black Prior armor and turned to me. She held the helmet in her hands and spoke.

Erzebet: "You and your mother see things quite differently"

"If she heard me say any of that she'd cut off my tongue"