Dinner with 'Dad'?

I remember vaguely being about 5 years old and having a Father's Day Breakfast field trip. My Dad wasn't around so I had to stay at school making a Father's Day card for my non-existent father while everyone else was at IHOP with their Dads. My Mom was too busy working to come as well. So I decided to write a story about this bc I didn't want to let Tony have Peter go through this...this is also first time doing first person pov so lemme know if I should stick to 3rd.takes place after Homecoming but Tony and Peter were closer. Also i think I may do a Pepper+Peter mother son thing next and I'll also be doing the next part of Little Spider soon.. comment if you'd like an iron mom things plsss

Anyways that was long but enjoy..

-----------------------------------

"I'm so sorry, baby. If I could I would go. But I already had time off for the Mother's day thing and I can't ask for more." May said, kissing his forehead.

"I know, May. It's fine. I'll probably just eat with Mr. Harrington." Peter said, giving a fake smile.

"I know, kiddo. I wish it was like before and I know it's hard dealing with all Father's Day things after Ben. But, he wouldn't have wanted you to be sad. So, go get some rest and enjoy your dinner tomorrow." She responded.

"Night May, love you!" He called from his bedroom.

----------------------------------------

Peter's POV

I could hear her sigh after she called back 'I larb you too!'

In the meantime, I worked on the equation Mr. Stark has been struggling on and made a bit of progress.

She took a shower and went straight to bed after. I listened to her breathing even out. Eventually, her breathing pattern signified sleep.

I finally clicked off my desk lamp and allowed my pillow to be soaked by fresh tears. It was a nightly routine these days. Especially with Father's Day coming up this weekend and nightmares arising about Ben's death.

I can't believe he's gone sometimes. It seems so unreal even after all this time. I barely remember my my real dad. Ben was the only one I've ever known. Even then, I've been recently slipping up and calling Mr. Stark, 'Dad' in my head. In my defense, he acts like a helicopter parent sometimes.

I've never called him it to his face, though. One time, I was stayed in the Tower. He came into my room to say goodnight. I didn't respond. Once I sensed that he couldn't hear anymore. I whispered so quietly that I didn't know if I had actually said it, "Goodnight, Dad."

Sometimes I feel like he wouldn't mind. He said so himself that his dad never really gave gave him praise and he was just trying to, "Break the cycle of shame."

Whatever that means. Anyways, that just sorta maybe kinda admitting he sees me as a pseudo son figure of some sort. He might not have been completely grossed out about the idea of me inviting him to a Father's Day field trip.

I guess I'll never know anyways. He's acted like a father way more times than I can count. Even though, the first time he kissed me on the forehead, in the lab after I solved something he and doctor Banner had been working on, he looked like his life flashed before his eyes. After that, the forehead kisses became slightly more regular and he didn't hesitate as much after I told him I didn't mind.

The dinner is probably going to be really fun for those with Dads'. The worse part is, the dinner is supposed to be a reward for doing well on the stupid chemistry test we had. I had the highest score out of everyone and that meant that my imaginary Dad and I would get to choose where the class goes to eat. I just let Ned choose and now we're going to an Avengers themed diner downtown.