²⁷ whos got a secret?

Start from the beginning

miles froze dead in his tracks, blinking slowly before shooting a terrifying look at her, his jaw hardening, she stared at him with wide eyes, lexie could sense every ounce of anger coming off of him.

the fridge door slammed shut loudly, shaking with the force he put behind the slam.

miles took steps towards lexie, standing in front of her—-she could feel her heart thumping so loudly inside of her chest that she thought she was going to have a heart attack, she honestly had no idea what he was doing.

he splayed his left hand to the side of her, on the counter, leaning forward as he tilted his head slightly.

it was right then that lexie wasn't sure if her little daydream wasn't just a manifestation of what was going to happen in the next thirty seconds, she had a million thoughts running through her head.

what if he kissed her? what would she do? would she push him away?

lexie knew that for her pride and self respect, she should push him away. but she just didn't know if she had enough self control to resist not giving into the celestial touch he left on her skin.

miles licked his lips, a small smile appearing on his face before she watched his right hand reach up behind her, grabbing a small glass bowl out from the cabinet behind her body.

"had to get the sugar" he said with a smirk, backing away from her as he rattled the glass container in his hand in a teasingly manner, lexies face being laced in in utter distraught and embarrassment.

"r-right, sugar..." she trailed off, trying to figure out what the hell was happening, and what the hell just happened. what he just did made her feel ways that she knew she shouldn't for him.

but lexie did know one thing...

he knew what he was doing.

and he was doing it on purpose.

miles huffed as he slammed his empty glass of gin on his wooden dresser, he hadn't been sober in... god, months. he was happy that way, he only felt happy when he was drunk or high.

i need help.

he opened his drawer, staring down at the two things that ruined his life but made him so much happier, but he was interrupted by the door opening, miles quickly slammed his drawer shut before turning around to see timothee.

"hey i just wanted to like... check up on you, you've been super distant for the past few months and i just wanna make sure you're okay" timothee said, walking towards miles.

they weren't really close anymore.

miles scoffed as he turned his head to the side, shaking his head as he grabbed a cigarette and lit it between his lips.

"what's it to you? you gonna go and fuck my ex wife again?" miles asked with anger in his tone, throwing his lighter on the wooden dresser while turning his head back towards timothee, tilting his head slightly.

"as if you haven't done me dirty" timothee shook his head while rolling his eyes, miles took the cigarette from his lips before blowing out smoke to the side.

"don't go there with me, and don't pretend like you care about me or my feelings, get the fuck out" miles said while shaking his head before grabbing a few shoeboxes off his bed and throwing them in the closet,