Chapter Fourteen - Quidditch

Start from the beginning

"It's like she's his Queen or something." Draco offered. I nodded.

"She might as well be. They both may be gay, but I'm telling you, they're going to get married." I answered. Draco looked at me with a odd expression.

"They won't have a romantic relationship. Just show up in style to every event and get the best suitors for each other."

"You are so weird Black." Draco shook his head, walking after the other two.

"What?" I asked, turning to Mattheo. He was smiling brightly. "What did I say?"

"You come out with the weirdest of things Black." Mattheo stated, slinging an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest, "I don't know how you come up with this stuff."

"What?" I asked again, confused.

"Don't ever change Lyra. Don't you dare every change."

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

The stands at the Quidditch field were almost filled to the brim with students. Red and yellow grouped together on either side of the field, cheers already beginning to sound throughout the stadium. The teams hadn't even entered yet and already the rivalry that came with Quidditch was on high alert.

"Why are we even at this match? It's not like Slytherin are playing!" Draco shouted. It had begun to rain, and the walk from the castle to the field had already soaked me through. Everyone else had been too.

"Well, I'm here to support Harry! And you're here because you wanted to come with me!" I shouted back, pushing through the crowd.

"You know Lyra? You're lucky I love you!" Draco continued, moving past me. I could spot Theo standing by the entrance to the changing rooms, protecting him from the heavy rain.

Pansy and Blaise were already stood beside Theo and started talking to Draco once he joined them. Mattheo turned to me.

"Aren't we going to join them?" he asked, shouting against the rain. I shook my head.

"I like the rain." I spoke, my comment not relating to his question. "It calms me, even when its like this." I pointed to the sky.

"Well, it's getting me wet, whether you like it or not."

"You don't have to wait for me. I'll join you in a minute." Closing my eyes, I tilted my head upwards, feeling the rain hit my face.

It was calming. The fell of water hitting your skin. At first, it was cold, soaking your clothes, but once you relaxed and simply let it fall, there was nothing more relaxing. The concealer that I had applied to cover the redness of my scar had surely washed away, but it no longer felt irritated.

Opening my eyes, I turned to my right. Mattheo hadn't moved, and instead had been looking at me, his face calm. Our gazes locked and my heart began to beat faster. My stomach fluttered as he began to smile.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

Before we knew it, the match was in full swing, yellow and red robes flying back and forth across the field. Words were spoken between my friends, but my eyes were focused on a certain Gryffindor player. Harry was a good Quidditch player, but the weather conditions had me worried about him.

Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Captain, and a favourite Gryffindor of mine had eventually called a time out. I didn't know what it was about, but it didn't take too long to sort out, the team back up in the air within seconds.

The match itself seemed to last for only minutes, a team member falling here, player's hands repeatedly slipping from their brooms. It was a miracle nobody had fallen yet. It was a miracle Harry hadn't fallen yet. He had a habit for being clumsy.