Chapter 40- Only One Will Die Tonight

I regain consciousness and look up to Hermione being swung through the air by a tree branch. I turn to Harry who is ducking under the other branches.

"What the fuck!?" I scream as I hop over the branch Hermione is clinging to, screaming bloody murder.

"Harry!" Hermione yells and grabs him by the shirt, sending them both into the air. I watch as she lets him go, throwing him into the hole in the tree. She goes up once again.

"Y/n, are you ready?" She calls down to me, and I nod, holding out my hand.

She grabs me tightly and we both fly into the tree. I feel another sharp pain, this time in my back.

"Oh, y/n I'm sorry." Hermione says on top of me.

"Don't worry." I reassure her. We all dust off our muddy clothes.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asks.

"I have a hunch, I just hope I'm wrong." Harry says, which sends shivers up my spine.

I continue behind them, going through the tunnel. Harry pauses and pushes up a part in the ceiling, opening up to a very disheveled house.

"We're in the shrinking shack." I say, looking around.

"Come on." Harry nods toward the stair case. We continue, following the sounds coming out of one of the rooms.

"Ron!?" Harry runs into a room and embraces Ron.

"What's going on? Where's the dog?" Harry asks and Ron points behind me.

"He's the dog! He's an anamagus!" A creaky door slams shut, revealing no other than Sirius Black. I feel my blood turn cold.

Hermione jumps in front of us, arms reaching out.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" She yells. Sirius laughs.

"Only one will die tonight." He looks into my eyes, a wicked smile spreading across his face.

"Then it will be you!" I break past Hermione and push Sirius to the ground. I pull out my wand and point it into his dirty face.

"Are you going to kill me, y/n?" He laughs once more.

"Expelirmis!" My wand flys out of my hand and I turn to Professor Lupin. He cocks his head to the side and I stumble off of Sirius, Hermione grabbing me by the shirt and holding me close.

"Well, well Sirius, looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within." Lupin says as he walks closer to the prisoner.

"Well you would know all about the madness within, huh Remus?" Sirius says and Lupin smiles, reaching out a hand and helping Sirius off of the grimy floor.

"It's so good to see you." Sirius holds out his arms and Remus hugs him. We all stand there unknowing of what to say.

"He's here. Let's kill him." Sirius says almost jumping up and down.

"No! I trusted you!" I yell, anger coursing though my fucking veins. "All this time, you've been his friend!?"

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes." Hermione says, stepping closer to Remus.

"How long have you known?" Remus asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Since professor Snape set the essay." Hermione says, quickly as if she can't get her words out fast enough.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age." Remus says, almost impressed.

"Enough talk Remus, let's kill him!" Sirius yells, jumping up and down.