Chapter 3

It was one of the normal night for Lumine to camp outside than spending Mora on reserving a room at Wangshu Inn. As Paimon was already asleep, she was wide awake staring in the sky while thinking on how she could get to Inazuma to continue her journey. But somehow, the night sky reminds her of Childe's eyes.

'It feels comfortable.' Lumine thought. Staring at Childe's deep blue eyes is like how the night sky gives someone that comforting silence and view you need after a day's work. Childe filled Lumine's thoughts at that moment.

"I want to see Childe..." Lumine stood up and glanced at Paimon before leaving. She doesn't know where to look for him first but coincidentally, she saw Childe on Liyue Harbor. "Hey." Lumine greeted. "It's surprising to see you here Ojou-chan. And alone at that, where's your little traveling companion?" Childe smiled as he walked his way towards Lumine.

"I... was planning on fighting the Ruin Guards in Guyun Stone Forest and I just thought... maybe you want to come?" Lumine instantly made an excuse, cursing herself due to her impulsive decisions. "Then I'll take this honor to be your companion for this night, M'lady." Childe flirted.

On their way to their destination, Childe tried to start a conversation between them but Lumine was distracted picking starconches on their way. "Wait... let's stay here for a moment. I'll store these first." Lumine said as she walked towards a rock and sat there.

Childe followed Lumine and sat beside her. He looked up at the clear night sky and blurted something. "Did you know that you are like the stars in the night sky?" Lumine looked at Childe confusedly.

"Ever since I met you, you managed to change my perspective in life. Before I met you, I always want to seek ways to become stronger. My lust for battle makes me feel the sensation of being alive."

"But now, just by sparring with you makes me feel complete. Making me like my old self before I fell into the darkness. Not as Childe but as Ajax who wants to become an adventurer just like you. You made me realize that there are a lot of things to enjoy than taking pleasure in battles." Childe smiled sadly as he told Lumine about his past.

Lumine remained silent as she process everything Childe said. 'He's been through a lot... Being abandoned after one unfortunate accident.' Lumine thought.

'Being surrounded by darkness all alone. Trying to survive without knowing their destination. I've... also been there. Without Paimon, I would probably be alone in this world.' Lumine looked at Childe and patted his back.

"Then if you think I'm the stars, then you'll be the night sky. I will be there to light the darkness that hovers over your hidden light, Childe. If you ever feel like giving in to the darkness, just remember that I'll be here for you." Lumine smiled.

"Use me to find your way back to the light and let me help you... I can be the stars that give you hope, the stars that puts an end to the dull and vast darkness of yours." Childe looked at Lumine and saw the determination in her eyes.

"Thank you, Ojou-chan." Childe smiles at Lumine, not a fake smile but a real smile. This small gesture made her heart flutter. In this moment, she feels that the world moves slowly revolving as she watched him.

"So are we still going to fight the Ruin Guards?" Childe asked making Lumine fell outof trance. She looked at Childe who stood up admiring the dawn slowly approachingthe scenery. Lumine smiled at herself. "Yeah let's go now." she responded.