Got service? | Punk!Levi x Reader | AU Part 2

"No, it's alright. Well, yeah, it sucks that you can't make it tonight, but I'm fine with going there by myself." I speak on the phone with Hanji while walking on the street.

    "Are you sure? It could be dangerous, you know! What if he slips a pill in your drink? Oh shit, he could do just that and then hide you in his trunk and drive in the woods like a total creep and chop you in tiny pieces with an axe and-"

"Hanji?! Jesus Christ..." I shriek at her crazy talk. "Just stop it, alright? I wasn't born yesterday, I know how to look after myself."

    "I'm not kidding! He could totally just keep your head and store it in his house with the other collection of his victims." Hanji continued like she didn't hear a word what I just said.

"Hanji... this is the exact reason why you're still single." I stoically state my matter of fact.

    "Well, better single than dead."

"Yeah, sure, because that really is the only alternative." I roll my eyes.

    "I'm serious, (Name). Just... be careful."

"I will, I will."

    "Okay. I gotta go. If things start getting weird, just give me a call, alright?"

"I promise I will."

I hung up and turn on another street, hoping that I'm not completely lost. I've always been more of a downtown girl, and this part of the city is something I'm not used being in. The long rows of brand shops and popular restaurants had changed into these smaller and not so familiar stores, and the streets were lacking busy people crowding the sidewalk.

I gaze up at the end of the block, seeing this small patio area. I hear some muffled rock music for a moment when a few customers step outside the building to enjoy their drinks in the still warm evening weather.

This must be it, I think to myself.

The leather strap of my purse slips away from my shoulder, like it always does after every twentieth step, and I harshly lift it back on its place once again. I can finally see the sign above the door. It has a simple design of a three crowned women lined up to form a triangle, and under the design stands the name of this place. The Three Walls.

The men I see at the patio are wearing mostly jeans and simple shirt combinations, among with tattoos and impressions of a bad attitude. As for the girls I see there, well, the color of the day is certainly black, and some of them look even a bit intimidating with all that dark makeup and resting bitch face combination going on. Their appearance tells me more than enough about what type of a bar this is.

Good thing I figured out this isn't a nightclub, I praise myself for putting on more of a casual looking outfit instead of my usual party clothing.

I take a quick glance at myself from the reflection of the store glass on my right. The wind hasn't ruined my hair, my fresh makeup looks decent and my favorite pair of jeans and top shirt combination is perfect for blending in with these people. The refreshing shower I took back home had washed away all the visible signs of the frustrating day, but my mental being was still in need of a drink or two to get all the work stress out of system.

I step in the patio, receiving a couple of glances from the men sitting around the small tables, and whom I give quick smiles in return. Although it was more of an act of instinct than intentional, that's another thing that working in retail does to you. You smile, you always have to smile, no matter what kind of an idiot you're facing.

My eye focuses on the hulk-like doorman standing next to the entrance. He averts his attention from the other customers to make eye contact with me, and I give him a sweet smile, this time purposely. This act awakens his inner gentleman and he opens the door for me. I chirp him a polite thanks, and step past him.

The music escapes loud and free from the opened door. I wander at the end of the short hallway, arriving to the actual bar area. My gaze travels through the row of tables near the walls, couple of them surrounded by groups of people enjoying themselves. The walls are decorated by different sort of glass covered whiskey brand prints, electric guitars, band posters and other smaller ornaments that continued the spirit of the rest of this place.

Wow, this is not a sweaty place at all, and I can't smell any vomit either, I admire the first impression while I take my first steps towards the bar counter. The order area looks nice. The counter is dark and polished, and its lined up with simple black leather bar stools. The wall behind the counter is covered with long rows of bottles resting on the shelves, along with the other typical equipment that you can see in every bar.

I'm remain glued on my spot, not believing just how great this place actually looks like. For some reason I imagined stepping into one of those typical musky pubs which regular customers are formed from old drunks with death breaths. This is truly a pleasant surprise. My sight catches the view of stairs leading to another floor, and I consider going there, but I never get to execute my plan. I feel a tap on my shoulder, which startles me. I quickly turn around, finding myself looking at the same devil who I was here for. The phone guy.

His face looks the same, thedone with this world-expression is still there. He has a more decent outfit, I realize as my gaze quickly visits at the dark green t-shirt and those rather nice pair of jeans of his. And this time he wears a scent of cologne instead of that strong odor of ash and despair from before. I also note that his hair is much less of a mess. My lips twitches up to a quick smile. Someone got freshened up too, I see.

"Hi." he speaks first, hanging an empty glass from the tips of his fingers.

"Hi." I casually greet him back.

His gaze takes a quick tour on my figure as well, before meeting my eyes again. "I honestly didn't think you would actually come here."

"Well, I was going out anyway." I shrug simply. "And I've never been here before so I thought might as well check this place out."

I didn't really know what I expected from this whole concept of the two of us seeing again. But, at least I know I probably already hit the bottom back in the store, so things couldn't really get any worse, right? There's an awkward silence between us. The one when both are just waiting for the other one to say something, avoiding to open their mouth now because there's the chance that the other one would say something at the same time, and that shit is even more awkward than total silence.

I open my mouth, thinking that I have nothing to loose. I already lost my dignity at the store. "So, how's your phone?" I go with the most obvious topic.

"It works." he keeps it simple. He takes a quick look around the place before he turns his focus on me again. "So, you wanna have that drink?"

Now we're talking.

"That's why I came here." I smile, before turning around to take a seat on one of the stools at the end of the row.

I expected to see him taking a seat next to me, but instead I got to watch how he just casually continues his way on other side of counter. It takes me a while to process this sudden turn of events, but when it finally hits me, a wide grin grows on my face. He walks a little further from my spot, and I now see that the back of his shirt has the bar's logo printed on it.

The bastard works here.

I watch how he lowers the empty glass on its place among the other dirty pints. I can't loose the smile on my face, and I guess the man sensed my stare.

"Seeing something funny?" he asks dryly without looking at me.

"I didn't expect to see you working here, to be honest." I admit.

He sends a side glance in my direction, and cleans the few liquid stains from the front of the dish holder.

I watch him doing his chore in silence, wondering. "Levi, right?" I recall his name from the note he left me.

"Right."

"I'm (Name)."

"I know. I read it from your name tag earlier." Levi confesses casually. "Had a pleasant rest of the day?" he asks, and I can detect a slight amusement from his tone.

"I survived." I smirk to myself.

I somehow keep smiling without even noticing it. Is it because he's actually a decent, working man instead of that careless freeloader I first thought he was? Or is it the way how those locks land over his eyes and makes his gaze look like it belongs to some exotic jungle predator? Both, definitely both.

Levi finishes his task, and makes his way to me. "So, what can I get you?"

"Hmm." I think about it. I glance over the selection on the shelf, not really knowing how to answer. "You know what, I'm gonna let you decide." I lean my elbows on the counter and rest me chin against my palm.

Levi blinks once, and then for the second time, considering my suggestion. "Alright." he then turns around and takes a small glass from the lower counter on his way to the row bottles.

I look away, observing the surroundings while Levi is busy, minding my own business. The sound of a glass being placed in front of me turns my attention back. I look at Levi, and then my drink. That looks strong, I reason from the caramel like color.

"Is this whiskey?" I question his drink choice. "What am I, an old sailor?" I lift my head, arching an eyebrow.

Levi blinks his gaze down at the drink, and stares at it for a few seconds. "More like his old nagging wife..." he mutters and extends his arm on his right. He takes a blue cocktail umbrella, drops it in the glass and leans his palms backwards against at the edge of the counter. "Sorry, no pink ones, I wasn't prepared for having a princess coming here today." Levi makes fun of me.

"Oh, fuck you." I snap dryly.

I dump the umbrella on the table and lift the glass. I look at the drink on my hand, having a bad feeling about the way it smells. I also have my doubts of the way how Levi is not even trying to hide the fact that he observes my every move. Nevertheless, I decide not to be a coward in his eyes, and I quickly throw the liquid down my throat before I have second thoughts.

The strong booze burns its way over the back of my tongue and throat. I had it coming, but the strength of the drink still got me off guard and the burning sensation makes me cough and swallow in turns.

Levi hides his smile by turning his head, but his twitching shoulders aren't fooling anyone. The bastard's laughing at me. I wipe the wetness from my eyes on the back of my hand and shoot a vicious glare at him, trying to cover up the fact that I feel embarrassed for handling the drink so poorly.

"Not-" I cough. "funny."

Once Levi turns his head again, there's no visible signs left from his amusement.

Lucky for him.

"You're ridiculous." he states the different, takes a paper napkin and extends his arm towards me.

I narrow my eyes at him, not appreciating his words, but I still accept the napkin. "Was this your plan -" I press the corner of the napkin under my eye. "Have a good laugh?" I take a moment to collect myself before making make eye-contact again.

Levi's face is back looking neutral. "I just though you'd need some hard stuff after a shitty day, that's all. And I really thought you were less of a wimp when it comes to this kind of things anyway." he talks like he knows me.

"Excuse me?" I narrow my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean? You think I'm some hardcore drinker on my free time?" I tilt my head, trying to give him a proper impression that I'm being offended.

According the current look on his face, I got him off guard. He's hiding it well, but he is seeming a bit uncomfortable, but I can only judge this from the way he clenches his jaw.

"I didn't mean to say it like that." Levi tries to make things right. He's about to continue, but my sudden uncontrolled snicker makes him loose his focus.

"I'm just fucking with you." I helplessly giggle at view of his confused face. "Yeah, I actually do drink a lot. It's just that this kind of a stuff isn't really my thing." I point my finger down at the empty shot glass.

Levi presses the bridge of his nose, and continues to move his palm up to brush his hair back. He mutters something through his teeth, looking both pissed off and relieved at the same time.

I breath out the last bits of my laughter with a hum. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself." I smile, with sympathy this time.

"Uh-huh, well, thanks to that, this was the first and last free drink you're getting from me." Levi extends his arm to take the glass, locking his eyes with me. "Ever." he adds, before lifting it off the table.

"Fair enough." I accept my defeat with a nod.

Levi places the glass on the lower section at his side of the counter, keeping his eye on me. He doesn't look away, and I can't avert my eyes from him either. There's a moment of silence, not an awkward one, but more like one of those moments when you just seem to enjoy yourselves without any words spoken. Another customer arrives, breaking the spell between us.

"I'll be right back." Levi turns around to serve the man.

I remain still, watching him doing his job, taking my time to really look at him. I realize just how handsome he actually is in his own rough and unpolished way. I can't really find a detail from him that I dislike. Well, he is kind of an asshole, yes, but strangely that makes him even more interesting in my eyes.

I don't know if the whiskey is settling in my system, but I suddenly feel relaxed. The crappy week at the work was totally worth it, it lead me here. I swing my purse over my lap to check my phone, just to keep myself occupied until Levi gets his business done. The phone has nothing interesting to offer, but nevertheless I keep checking nonsense from it.

"Do you want another one?" I hear Levi's voice again, just in time to prevent myself from getting too bored.

I move my attention from the screen, switching it black. "I think one shot of that acid is enough, thanks." I smirk, putting my phone away.

"Well, I wouldn't wanna waste the good stuff on someone who doesn't appreciate it anyways." Levi takes my empty glass to put it away. "Something else?" he then adds from the dish holder.

I consider it for a moment. I didn't really have much of a plans for the evening, and I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I really wanted to stay. I make myself more comfortable on the stool. "I guess I could take a (beer/cider)." I restrain myself from sounding too happy about my decision to stay a bit longer.

Levi simply nods, and moves to pour my order from the tap. He returns with my drink, which I actually pay this time. He watches me taking a gulp, and tilts his head in wonder "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I nod him my go ahead, and place my glass down.

Levi holds himself back for a moment, like he was still forming the question in his head. "Just what the hell have you done wrong in your life to end up working in retail?" he asks in all seriousness.

I raise my eyebrows, chuckling at his question. "Oh man..." I shake my head, not even knowing where to begin. "It's kinda long story." I start, just to see if he's still interested to hear the rest.

"You think I have better things to do than hear you out?" Levi gestures towards the quiet tables.

I smile, watching how he crosses his arms and locks his eyes with me, waiting.

"Alright." I adjust myself in a better position, taking another sip from my drink. Might as well take the most of it while I still have this one drink to finish.

I should've known myself better, I think as I lower the fourth glass of from my lips.

I didn't plan it. It just happened. Our talk just kept going, and I couldn't find the strength to leave. I enjoyed myself too much. I told him how I started in my job back then when I was still at school, needing the extra money in my pockets, and how I never left. He told me that his profession just happened. He needed a job, some random pub was hiring, and he got in. He liked his job, it kept him occupied, paid his bills and his sleep pattern was already fucked up so he didn't mind the working hours either.

After that, we mostly talked about the pros and cons about working with people, sharing stories about all the stupid shit that customers pull out. It was fun. I laughed a lot, and I swear he enjoyed himself too, even if he expressed his feelings mostly with just smirks and short chuckles, rather than laughing freely like I did.

As the time went by, the bar gained more customers in a steady pace and there was now another bar tender to help Levi out with the steady flow of thirsty souls. Levi was being more busy, but he always returned to talk to me when he had the chance, and I was getting drunk, which was always nice.

It's funny how the barrier to talk with strangers vanishes after a couple of drinks. While I remained on my seat, this one man took his freedom to come talk to me. He was more or less drunk, asking if I wanted him to buy me something, but I politely declined. I wasn't in the mood of hearing out those typical sweet talks that soon would lead to the obvious. The guy took my rejection like a champ, wishing me a pleasant night and leaving me feel like there was still nice people in this world.

That illusion broke when the second man came to try his luck. He was being polite at first, a bit cheesy even. I said him the same thing, that I wasn't looking for a company, but he was persistent. Some people just don't know when to stop, like this idiot over here. Levi was being busy with doing his job, but I noticed that he was keeping an eye on me. After way too many times that I had already told this man no, he finally decided it was time to take the next level of being a proper asshole.

He started touching me. One can say all kinds of shit to me, there's nothing I haven't heard before, but if a creep comes and lays his hands on me without my approval, he crosses a line. The man slithered his hand over my shoulder, breathing his gross breath near my face, and that's when I finally lost my cool.

"Did your mother drop you on your head? What the hell is wrong with you?" I hiss at him in disgust. "I. Said. No."

I push him away, but the man leaned right back at me like a goddamn clown with a spring deep in his ass. I take a tight grip from my purse, trusting that all the junk I have in there would weight enough to hurt the man if I hit him with it.

"Hey!" Levi's sharp voice manages to make the man forget his primitive caveman desires for a second.

Levi stands on the other side of the counter, not saying another word. Levi just stares the man, sending a silent message that clearly suggested the man to fuck off before it's too late. The man seems to consider his actions for a moment, and for my surprise, he simply backs away, grunting some insults while he wobbles back to the dark cave where he came from.

I sit still, darting my focus at both of the men in turns, trying to process what just happened. My gaze finally settles on Levi only, and I blow out a relieved breath. "Well, he sure was a charming man." I scoff. "Thanks, I though I'd have to actually smack his face to get rid of him."

"Are you alright?" Levi asks, sounding like he genuinely cares of my well being.

"I'm fine." I smile reassuringly. "There's always at least one gross dude who tries to ruin the night with shit like that." I say jokingly, although it's actually the sad truth for more than most of us.

"You shouldn't go out by yourself, you know?" Levi says in all seriousness. "There's all sorts of fuckers out here."

I tilt my head. "That's a second time someone warns me about the dangerous world today."

"And it sure ain't gonna stop being like that." Levi raises his eyebrows knowingly.

"I know, I know." I nod, appreciating his good guy behavior. "At least you're not sounding as crazy as the other person did, she actually thought -" I suddenly feel my phone vibrating in my purse, and I forget my matter for the short moment I struggle trying to find it. "Hmh, speaking of the devil." I smirk to myself as I see the name who's calling me.

"Hi." I answer the phone, while I watch Levi turning around to serve another customer in the meantime.

    "Hi, (Name), how's it going?" Hanji asks casually, trying to hide the fact that she's just being nosy.

"It's been quite nice." I nod to myself. "I'm still alive." I add jokingly.

    "Ha-ha, that's hilarious. No, seriously, how is everything? How is he like?"

"Well, I almost choked on my first drink, but that was my own fault. But other than that, it's been more than pleasant. He's alright." I'm trying to keep my voice down so that Levi won't hear me. "Oh, well, there was this one guy who tried to get gross with me, but -"

    "Ugh, figures... Are you sure you're gonna be alright in there?" Hanji sounds worried.

"There's nothing to worry about." I speak calmly. I see from the corner of my eye that Levi is done serving and he glances at me. I give him a smile in return. "Everything's just fine." I add softly.

    "(Naaame)... are you falling for this guy? You sound like a rich, horny housewife drooling over the hot gardener."

"What? No!" I quickly squeak in my defense, receiving a curious look from Levi due this action. I turn my head so he doesn't see my guilty blush. "Well, I mean, I..." I stutter on the phone, trying to reason something.

    "Oh my God, you are!" Hanji sees right through my bad articulation. "Holy shit, (Name). You don't even know this guy!"

"I know." I whine miserably. "It's just that... I don't know, I have this feeling that -"

    "Let me talk to him."

I blink exactly three times. "...What?"

    "Give him the phone. I wanna talk to him."

"Are you crazy? -" I turn my head even so slightly, noticing that Levi is still staring at me. I look away again. "No. Why the hell would I -"

    "You're drunk, and you're alone in a strange bar with a total stranger. I'm you're friend, and it's my responsibility to make sure he's not a total creep who might hurt you."

"No, Hanji, it's not your responsibility in any way... and he's not creepy, he -" I suddenly realize that Levi is back right at the other side of the counter. He's drilling my skull with a gaze that hints me that he knows that I'm talking about him.

    "Just give him the damn phone, (Name)!" Hanji practically yells on the phone, and her voice startles my weak brain to make this robotic movement of extending my phone towards Levi.

"My friend wants to talk to you." I explain myself to him, knowing all too well how weird that might sound.

Levi looks at the phone, and then back to me, being obviously a bit suspicious about my request. "Why the hell-"

"Just do it, please." I speak in completely given up state. "I told her I was going to meet you in here and she's just worried." I motion my hand like my phone was being a bait and he was the fish I was hoping to catch with it.

Levi checks his work station, not seeing any customers lined up at the moment. He rolls his eyes and reluctantly takes the phone.

"Yea?" Levi speaks to the phone. "Hi. -- I'm Levi. -- I honestly don't give a shit, what do you want? -- What? No, it was just whiskey. -- Of course it was me who gave her the drink, I fucking work here."

I wince to myself with a painful sounding groan, regretting that I ever answered the phone. I let my hands travel across my face, not being sure just how much I wanna bury my blush in them.

"What was that? -- Yeah, I have a car." Levi remains quiet for a while. He makes a series of different frowns, sends a glance at my direction, and then simply blinks his eyes. "Why the hell would I carry an axe with me?"

Oh hell no you don't Hanji!

"Give me the phone, give me the phone!" I jump up like a bullet, reaching my arm over the counter to take the phone back.

Levi tries to ignore my struggle, he seems to be very keen to hear what Hanji still had to say. I get a firm hold from his wrist and after a short moment of arm wrestling, he lets me have my phone back. I lean back on my seat and slam the phone to my ear, trying to ignore Levi's smug face.

"Thanks-a-lot-I'll-call-you-later-bye!" I blurt quickly and hung up. I push the phone back into my purse, taking my time with the task so I can avoid looking at Levi just yet. I feel his stare, and I can't find any more excuses, so I lift my head.

Levi leans his both hands on the counter, indeed staring at me. "You have an interesting friend." he smirks.

"Uh-huh, yeah, imagine how much fun it is to work with her..." I nod hastily, before gulping down the rest of my drink like it was a magic potion that would give me the ability to go invisible. The drink doesn't work, obviously, and I end up taking a deep breath in shame. "I'm sorry if she said something disturbing, she kinda acts in intuition."

"Are all of you retail workers messed up in the head, or is it just your friend who's being exceptionally nuts?"

I frown at his question. "That's rude."

"So is your friend for thinking that I poison people for fun." Levi arches an eyebrow.

I'm trying to fight against the urge to smile, but I fail. Touché. I remain quiet for a while, thinking about what Levi said about my job. "It's not just her who's a bit... unique. You have to be a certain kind of a person for being able to function in our field. I mean, you either see the reality and you walk away in matter of months, or you stay and learn your ways how to deal with it."

"Why did you stay?" he asks, being genuinely interested. "There's a shit load of jobs out there. Why stick with the one that obviously messes you up in some level?"

I think about it for a moment, letting out a short hum once I make my conclusion. "I guess it's the people I work with. We might be all in a verge of losing our minds, but at least we're in it together." I smile to myself. "And here's another twist, it gets even worse when you become successful. My boss is the perfect example of that next level crazy." I shake my head.

"That man is something out of this world, it's pure madness what he has to deal with. And you know, we're actually having a bet for how long it takes until the pressure makes him completely lose his shit." I gaze out to the distance. "Managers don't never last too long... my prediction is that he has a burn out before Christmas. I really hope I hit the closest, the winner gets two hundred in cash." I state dreamily with a blank expression, being completely lost in my dreamland.

"We also had a bottle of vodka saved out for the winner, but it didn't last. One of our internship guys got spat in his face by one pissed off customer. He said he got some of it in his eye and he was freaking out that he's gonna die in some disease. None of us were in the mood of hearing his whining for the rest of the day, so we cracked the bottle open and let him drink for his trauma." I chuckle to the memory.

"The bastard got really drunk. He passed out and we stuffed him in the cleaning closet so Erwin, I mean, our boss, wouldn't find out about it and rip our heads off. -well, he wouldn't actually really hurt anyone. I mean, he could, he's a big man, like, huge, a goddamn lumberjack-ready-to-snap-some-logs kinda huge... but he's harmless, really. Whatever, you know what I mean." I babble my story with a series of hand gestures. "What was I saying again?" I wonder to myself.

"...You dumped a drunk man in a closet?" Levi helps me with a monotonous voice.

"Oh, right!" I get back on track again. "Anyway, yeah, Erwin didn't even notice that he was gone, thank God. We had someone to go check on him every now and then to make sure that he was still alive and all. He had thrown up at some point and the janitor was losing her shit for that. She blackmailed us to pay her money for having to clean up his mess and to keep her out of Erwin's office. We had to basically smuggle him out of there at the end of the day. The dude was still drunk as fuck and he could barely walk on his own and we couldn't let Erwin see that shit." I shake my head with a chuckle.

"He could barely look any of us in the eye when he came to work next day, but we made sure he knew that he had nothing to be ashamed for. We've all been where he was, not literally, but we all have our own shitty-day stories. It's actually a good thing to happen, it sorts out the weak from those who really have what it takes to work in Sina Electronics." I smile, drifting into my own thoughts.

I snap out of it after a short moment, and when I look at Levi again, I notice that he stares at me, looking extremely concerned and completely out of words.

"What?" I shrug innocently.

"You guys are all seriously fucked up." he states his matter of fact with a dead expression.

"Yea, I guess." I admit and lift the glass back on my lips, only to remember that I already finished it. I place it back down in disappointment.

I consider asking for a refill. I feel lightheaded, a bit tired even. Maybe this is enough. I'll save myself from having even worse hangover tomorrow if I leave it here, I reason to myself.

"Are you alright?" Levi speaks again, probably thinking that I went quiet because of what he said.

I lift my head. "I'm fine." I keep my tone casual. "Just getting a bit tired, I guess." I explain myself.

Levi nods, observing my slightly wobbling head for a moment. "You still want another one of those?" he leans his elbows on the counter, nodding at my empty glass.

I shake my head. "I think this is enough for one night." I look at his eyes, smiling at him. "You know, I expected you to be that same asshole from the store, but I have to admit that it was a pleasant surprise to see that you're actually a decent human being."

"A decent human being?" Levi repeats with an eyebrow raise. "That's a big word coming from a person who locks up coworkers in closets."

"Okay, you know, I take that back. You are an asshole." I narrow my eyes at him, but I can't keep my face serious when he looks at me like that. "But I guess I deserved that one." I spend a few more moments looking at his handsome features, before my common sense comes knocking my brain again. "Well, I'm gonna go. Thanks for the drink and all. I'm definitely gonna come here more often, that's if you're still letting me step into this place." I smirk while I stand up from the stool.

"Hmh." Levi smiles. "I might have to consider that. We do have some standards in this place." he's obviously joking.

"Aww, that's too bad." I fake a sad face. "I was already looking forward the next time." I add with a meaningful smile. I fail to get my purse on my shoulder as smoothly as I planned it in my head, dropping it half way up to its destination. Fuck I'm drunk.

Levi returns a smile, and straightens his back. His eyes remain on my rather poorly balanced crouch for a couple of moments, before something catches his attention from the space behind me. "HEY! --"

"What?!" I startle and struggle back up. I turn on my heels, just in time to see that the same douche-bag from before, swings his arm and throws a full pint of beer at me.

Apparently he's one of those majestic alpha males who simply can't handle rejection without being a dick about it.

The man's aim sucks enough to miss my head, and the glass hits me on my chest. Luckily, the glass doesn't break from the impact, but its contents wets me completely. The glass bounces from my body and finally breaks once it lands on the floor. I hear the man shouting insults, as if to make up the disappointment of how his payback didn't work out as he truly wanted it. He doesn't get to do much more damage thought. Some of the fellow customers, probably the man's friends who still had the brain to reason, stepped on the man's way to hold him back.

I can only stand still with my mouth hanging open due the shocking sensation of being completely soaked. Someone touches my shoulder, oh, it's just Levi. He asks if I'm alright, and after receiving a hasty nods from me in response, he turns to walk to the man who still tried to act tough despite the fact that there's a several men holding him still and telling him that he's an ass.

Levi ignores the man's uproar completely. He marches through the crowd, takes a grip from his collar and yanks him roughly towards the door. The hulk from the entrance rushes inside just in time to assist taking out the trash. Levi practically throws the man at the much larger one, telling him to, let's put it nicely, never show his sorry ass in this place again.

Some girl comes to ask if I was alright. I nod, standing still in a scare crow pose and looking down at the mess on my clothes. The show is now over, and I hear Levi's voice again, repeating the same question I've heard three times now. I lift my head, seeing him standing before me and scanning me with his gaze.

"I'm fine." I answer to his concern while I'm making a desperate attempt to clean my top. "Aww shit, this is just perfect."

"You need a towel or something?"

"Nah, I'm good." I sigh, giving up fixing the mess, giving up for everything at this point.

"You want me to call the cops?"

I shake my head. "No, it's alright. I'm just gonna go. Thanks again, I-I'll see you around." I give him a quick smile and step past him, really wanting to just go home and dive under the comfort of my blanket. What a fucking day.

"You sure you're gonna be fine?" Levi speaks after me.

"Yeah, yeah. I've had worse, don't worry." I give him a wave, before I pick up my speed to get out of here.

The cool evening air feels like a freezing hug through the wet clothes of mine. I grit my teeth and hiss to the displeasure. I search my phone, wanting to call a cab. I'm so not going to walk home in these clothes. I make the call, and I take a stand on the sidewalk, waiting for my ride, shaking like a washing machine on a spin dry. I cross my arms tightly around me, trying to keep the breeze from tormenting my bones.

I hear a sound of a lighter being lit, and the corner of my eye detects a person stepping beside me. An arm holding a dark hoodie extends in front of me. I turn my head, and I'm first being greeted with an exhale of smoke, before I actually see the face behind it, it's Levi. Figures.

"I don't need your shirt." I snarl, trying to redirect the poison cloud out of my face with my hand.

Levi gives me a sharp glare. "I fucking took the effort to drag this with me from two pairs of stairs and behind three locked doors. You better put this on before I figure out another place to shove it."

I let his intense stare pierce me for a moment. I'm too drunk, cold and tired to argue, so take the damn shirt. I drop my purse on my feet, sink my arms in the sleeves and zip myself into its warmth. I crouch to lift my purse, swing it over my shoulder and cross my arms at the end. I can't help admitting just how relieved I really am to get some cover from the cold, and thinking how nice it was from him to do this.

"Thank you." I say, leaving the sassy attitude out of my tone.

"Mm." Levi mutters in return to show that he heard my appreciation.

We stand there in silence. I keep glancing at the drive way, while Levi focused on enjoyed his cigarette.

"I broke it." Levi breaks the silence.

I swift my focus on him. "What?" I frown at his odd start for a conversation.

"I broke the phone." Levi adds more details to his matter, and takes another inhale from his guilty pleasure. "I plugged it in for the first charge. I turned around and knocked my elbow on a cup of tea...the phone got soaked." he explains without looking at me.

My jaw drops. "Seriously?"

"Mm-hm." he nods.

"Ha! I fucking knew it!" I exclaim to myself victoriously. I shake my head, thinking of everything this day had given me. I turn my head to meet his eyes. "Why are you telling me this?"

Levi shrugs. "I just thought you deserved to know the truth." he drops the cigarette and kills it under his shoe.

I watch him with a smile on my face. I've been smiling so much around him that it's almost insane, especially when I recall how it was when I first saw him. I like him. There's something about this jerk that makes me smile like an idiot. It's not just his looks, I have this feeling that he would be someone I'd enjoy spending time with. If not romantically, then at least as a friend. But hell, I would sure want to find out if things could go a bit further with him, but I don't wanna go ahead of myself.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone you said that." I keep it cool. I'm not that much of a bitch.

"Good to know." Levi keeps his face straight, but I have a feeling that he's more than relieved to know that I don't go telltale about this. Levi looks over me, and sinks his hands in his pockets. "Your cab's here." he informs me, and turns towards the patio. "I hope you're done with bad luck for one day, (Name)."

"You have no idea how much I wish that as well." I sigh tiredly, glancing at the car that slows down at my spot. I suddenly remember his hoodie that I'm still wearing. "Hey, you forgot your shirt."

"You can give it back later." Levi speaks on his way back inside.

"Oh... Okay. Are you here tomorrow as well if I drop by?"

"Actually no, but you don't have to hurry with that. Just give me a call when you have time."

    Processing...

Wait, what?

"I don't have your number?" I frown.

Levi opens the door and looks at me over his shoulder. "Yea you do." he corrects me and steps inside.

What? No I don't. Where? When? Did he actually give it to me and I just don't remember? How fucking drunk am I?

I quickly check my phone, frisk my purse, my jeans, and then my hand feels the pockets of his hoodie. I freeze for a moment, and pull out a piece of paper with a phone number in it.

I drop my arm lazily on my side, staring blankly at the distance. Remaining completely calm, I open the door and step in the backseat of the cab. I close the door and lean my back against the seat, trying so hard not to squeal like a little girl while I keep squeezing the piece of paper in my hand.