Chapter 12: Autonomous Assault

Beginne am Anfang

"Huh?" Luke asked, shocked. "What do you mean?"

"Oh I just mean I might retire soon. I won't be going on any more adventures with you that's all."

"No! But I want you to come along with us!" Flora begged. "Please! You have to help us solve mysteries."

"I think you've done a good enough job by yourself Flora. Especially with Luke and everyone else." Layton complimented her and smiled.

Flora smiled at Layton back before letting go of his arm.

"Now, I should help them deal with Cyrus."

"Can I help Professor?" Luke approached him.

Layton turned to his right to notice Luke looking up at him.

"Sure. But someone has to stay with Flora."

"I will Professor! Don't worry about us." Clive mentioned.

Dimitri got to his feet and stood next to Layton.

"So what's the plan Hershel? What do you intend to do to him?"

"All we have to do, is make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else. We must apprehend him."

"Easier said than done. How do you intend to do that Hershel?"

"If we can all surround him, he may just surrender. I also called in some help from the remaining Scotland Yard Police Force. They should be here any minute now."

And indeed they were. The Police Force, led by Barton, aimed their weapons at all the Targent thugs who finally got to their feet and reached for their own weapons.

"FREEZE!"

There were more thugs than Police but the Police didn't hesitate to shoot if they shot first. The thugs may have been trained but since there were so worn out, they couldn't aim properly and some of them even dropped their weapons but they didn't surrender.

"Haha, perfect!" Dimitri laughed.

"It's not over yet Dimitri. We need to stop Cyrus now."

Cyrus was struggling against Descole and Don Paolo. Layton walked over, slowly and Cyrus decided to retreat.

"ALL FORCES, RETREAT!!! GET BACK TO THE CASINO!!!" He snarled at Layton before throwing a smoke bomb and vanishing within it. Many Targent thugs did the same thing.

"Damn it! He's headed for the Casino, Hershel!"

"Dimitri, you, Emmy, Paul and Descole chase after him. Stop him if you can!"

"And what are you going to do Layton?" Don Paolo muttered.

"I'll catch up. I need to take Flora back somewhere safe."

"Roger that Professor!" Emmy said.

The four of the sprinted towards the Casino whilst Layton returned to Flora and Clive with Luke.

"Clive, can I trust you to take Flora somewhere safe so she can heal?"

"Don't worry Professor, I'll take her to my hou-"

"No!"

Luke and Clive looked at Flora, concerned. Layton naturally looked at her without thinking anything.

"Professor, I want to go too! I want to stay. I want to be with you and Luke! I want to help you."

"Flora, please. You must reconsider. You're injured! You need to go back and heal." Layton tried to convince her to rest.