"okaaay then.", i said at last, "what did you come here for, lo- kasper?"

loki let out an exasperated sigh, "kasper was a terrible name, i have no idea why i chose that."

"i mean, what else do you want it to be? ryle?", cole said jokingly and i turned to him.

"i recall that was the name of the male mc in that one book. he sucks."

"oh really?", cole asked, then smiled unnervingly, "how fitting."

loki bristled, "now who do you think you are to say that, son of gray?"

"grayson!", cole interrupted with furrowed brows, "please belle, tell him my father's name is not gray. i've told him a thousand times, but this man is still not getting it."

loki was getting agitated i could tell, "i am not a man, i am-"

"woah okay, you two!", i said taking a deep breath, trying not to laugh at how funny this is, because in all honesty it was a bit funny, "you two need to calm down."

"first off, kasper is a great name, okay? kasper like 'casper the friendly ghost', love that guy. two, cole, you can't blame him for calling you the son of gray, that's just how it works. like i'd be a markdottir in their terms. oh gosh, markdottir-"

"anyways," i said , recovering from the alien last name i made for myself, "cole's last name is still grayson, not the son of gray, kas."

"i knew that.", loki shrugged, and i sighed.

"yeah and you kept on using it anyway because cole's reaction is amusing. of course yeah, cole i forgot this is loki we're talking about, i have no idea how to stop him, so uh deal with it."

cole opened his mouth to complain but shut it back, throwing a solid glare at loki. loki stared back with a smile. that annoying smile that would make one have the sudden urge to strangle the other.

"what do you want this afternoon?", i said looking at loki, "tea? donuts?"

"you.", he said and i heard cole choke beside me. my cheeks warmed.

"man, can you not do that in front of me?", cole said, coughing as an after effect, "i'm also taken, expecting a kid in around two months, yet i still cannot stand the sight of someone flirting with my best friend."

"i'll flirt whenever i like.", loki shot back indignantly and then a look of pure curiosity passed on his face, "congratulations on the baby, are they a boy or a girl?"

"thank you.", cole replied, "and she is a girl."

see this is why i'm confused. they get along then they don't.

"i vote the name celia.", i pointed out with a grin, "because it's the combination of cole and avelia."

"leila works too.", loki added, making me smile.

cole nodded, "those two are nice. we'll keep it in mind."

another voice shouted out, unaware of the last person who had walked in minutes ago, "hey cole, belle? time to close up what are you two- oh."

aunt liza leaned on the counter with crossed arms.

"okay, well since no one is here either," aunt liza said walking to us, "you, young man, better treat belle right. because you may be a god or something, but i am her aunt, and i will protect my niece from all sorts harm, and that also means from you too."

i stood there stunned at my aunt's words, and i looked at loki and back to my aunt nervously.

please don't say something stupid, please don't-

"i understand, ma'am.", loki answered, "i admit that i have done nothing to deserve belle. her love for me is unbridled, unconditional, same as my love for her. nothing in this world will hurt her, not me, not her enemies, not anyone. with every inch of power i have, every breath i take, every minute i wake, i will protect her to the end of my life. this i promise."

that is nowhere near stupid.

that is insanely loving. that is a life promise. that is a declaration that makes my knees go weak.

my aunt nodded, "good, let's hope your words live up to your actions."

i appreciated my protective aunt, and my protective best friend, i really do. i love them so much. they were the family i had before i had anyone else.

but despite what they might think, i know deep down that loki meant every word.

this i promise.

a shiver ran through me and i know it's not from how cold the room is.

his eyes met mine and he smiled, a small one but it made my goosebumps rise just for a while.

maybe someone should turn the a.c. off after all. 

author's note:

did nothing but read all day :D

also i thought i'd point out how that is the first avengers loki gif i've ever used. 

LOOK HOW CUTE HE LOOKS.