three

Timeskip to next week, Monday.

Unlike last week, this week was very loud and busy. Everyone in the school were helping in decorating the place, practicing their performances, or simply just studying. As the school party was already tomorrow, everyone had to prepare. Ibarra sat at the grassy place, the one where he and Elias went jamming together yesterday. His legs were crossed with his arms over them. His face was in a slight frown, but inside, Ibarra felt weirdly relieved that he and Elias spent some time together yesterday. He enjoyed listening to his voice as he sang, and even sang along with him. Everything just felt right when he was with him.

Wait. Ano? Oi oi Crisostomo, anong iniisip mo diyan? You don't like Elias, he bullies you for God's sake. Yeah, maybe he was lying to himself. Or I don't know. He was snapped out of his trance, by being tapped on the shoulder. He turned around to see Elias. His long brown hair, casually tied in a messy manbun, he was wearing a jacket that was navy or light denim colored, black pants and dark red shoes. Damn he looks good. Ibarra thought.

Elias sat down next to Ibarra, cross-legged. "May napili ka na bang performance?" Elias asked. Ibarra looked down, "Not yet. To be honest, I don't even think I should perform anymore. I mean, bukas na ang party and.. I haven't practiced, let alone chose what to perform." Ibarra said, sadly. Elias looked at him. "Excuse me? With that voice of yours, di mo na kailangan mag practice, hoy! Why don't you just sing? Magaling ka naman eh." Elias said.

Ibarra looked back at him. "Alright maybe that's an idea, but, it's already too late, I don't have time to memorize a song." He replied. Elias sighed. "Ikaw Lang, by Nobita. Naalala mo pa yung nagjajaming tayo diba? Ganda ng boses mo nun.." Elias said. Ibarra looked away, trying to hide on his face what felt like a faint blush. "I'll guess I'll try.. on one condition." Ibarra said. Elias gave him a questioning look. "You'll be the guitarist." He added. There was silence for like 5 seconds, then Elias spoke, "I'd be honored to be the guitarist of an angel." He said.

Ibarra felt his face redden even more. Angel? Angel, what angel? "Don't call me that. Napakacorny." Ibarra said. Elias just chuckled at that. Ibarra then felt a weight on his lap. Elias, the bastard, had lied down on Ibarra's lap, facing him. They both scanned each other's faces, taking in every detail. All the other people who didn't know Elias would describe him as an arrogant, macho boy. But only those select few people who were close to him would know, that he was kind and emotionally weak.

Elias got up, "Mauna na ko, for the meantime, mag practice ka diyan, kahit di mo kailangan!" He said while laughing. Ibarra slapped his own forehead and sighed.

A few minutes later, Ibarra heard arguing. He peeked from behind a tree and saw Elias and Ma'am Rosa. "Elias, it's for yours and everyone's safety. We don't want the same thing to happen again." Ma'am Rosa said. "Napaka-unfair ka naman Ma'am! I told you, I won't do it again , just please let me perform!" Elias exclaimed. He sounded really desperate to Ibarra. "Let you perform? So you can injure Mr. Ibarra or another student again? Di ako papayag!" Ma'am Rosa said.

Ibarra realized what this was about. He approached them, and stood in front of Elias, facing Ma'am Rosa. "Ma'am, please let Mr. Bonifacio perform. It has been made sure that he won't repeat what he did last time." Ibarra said, trying his best to sound convincing. Ma'am Rosa sighed, "Please stay out of this, Mr. Ibarra. Mr. Bonifacio could be a danger to our whole school, you've experienced it yourself! Which is why we will not-" She said, being interrupted by Ibarra.

"ANONG TINGIN MO KAY ELIAS, LEON? Tangina.. tara na Elias!" Ibarra said in front of the teacher's face. He grabbed Elias' arm and walked away angrily. Students were turning their heads, curious because of the scene that just happened before them. Elias just watched Ibarra with shock, while being dragged. They both went to a dark shade.

Ibarra let go of Elias' hand, back against the wall and arms folded. He was frowning. Elias just looked at him, and said, "Ok ka lang?" He asked. "No, I'm not." Ibarra looked at Elias. "Ma'am thinks you're a monster or something. Do you think I'm okay with that?" He said. Elias looked down, then smiled. "Why, do you care about me or something?" Ibarra's breath hitched. He felt his face redden.

"Not in that way! I mean, I would stick up for anyone that gets treated like a monster!" Ibarra said, looking away, mad but flustered at the same time.  "But why would you do that for me? Well Ma'am IS wrong but.. aren't you worried I might injure you again?" Elias said. He perhaps had thought that Ibarra hated him and wouldn't want to be hurt again.

"Aren't YOU worried na magsuntukan nanaman kayo ni Maria Clara?" Ibarra said. "Woah woah, what's with the attitude? Masungit ka pala eh." Elias said, half chuckling, amused at the other boy's sudden attitude.

"Shut up." Ibarra said. They both were silent for a few minutes. Both were just sitting on the ground. The grass was soft, but also a bit sharp.

Ibarra stared at Elias for a moment, then looked away, blushing. It was silent for a few moments. Elias just watched him, admiring how perfect Ibarra's face was. His face was perfectly symmetrical, he had a perfect jawline, light pink cheeks, he was perfect.

Ibarra looked down. "Why is it that you've stopped?" He asked. Elias gave him a questioning look, "Anong ibig sabihin mo?" He replied. Ibarra kept looking down, "You used to bully me, kick me around, pull my hair, but I noticed you have stopped- these past few weeks." He said.

Elias did not long to answer the question. He sighed,

"I find, that I am in love."

Ibarra looked at him, the blush on his face becoming redder and redder. Elias just laughed. "Pfft, did you actually believe that? Me, Elias Bonifacio, in love? Managinip ka lang diyan, eh Ibarra?" He said. Ibarra looked disappointed, he looked like he wanted to cry. Elias noticed that, and was concerned. Shit. Why did I say that?! He's going to hate me, punyeta! The plan was to get closer to him, not get farther away! Elias thought, he was so indulged in his thoughts that he didn't noticed Ibarra was infront of him anymore.

Ibarra stood up. "I'll- I'll be going now. You have a great day, Bonifacio." He said, walking away. Elias could've sworn he saw Ibarra wipe his face, but he looks back to the ground, and his eyes widen. Ibarra left his phone. He takes it, feeling guilty and wanting to return it back to him. But no, he wants to know why Ibarra was so sad when Elias joked about being in love.

He opened it, expecting a password but there was none. He sighed and scrolled through it. A few minutes later, there was a notification, one from a popular girl at school. Elias immediately recognized who it was, her name was Sinang. Sinang was a beautiful girl, almost as beautiful as Maria Clara. She was also known to be very humorous, and also very friendly to Ibarra, as they once dated in 7th grade. (Lol it seems like Ibarra becomes friends even with his exes)

The message, the one from Sinang, said "You should tell MC about it. If you are truly sincere about your feelings for him, she will understand. She is a kind woman, and she trusts you." Elias looked confused. He opened the Messages app, and was surprised to see what Ibarra had asked to make Sinang give such a serious answer.

"Hey, 'nang, I want to tell you that I- I'm in love. With someone else. And- and it's a man." That was what the text said.

Heyy wassup wassup!! Missed me? HAHAHSJJDJD charot oy. Sorry that I didn't update for more than a week:(( I've been busy w school stuff y'know? But now a chapter is here! Yeheyy! Osige, just wait for the next chapter;)