˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

PRELUDE CHAPTER [2/2]

After an exhausting day at work, Hope entered her shared apartment with Cara, closing the door behind her. Upon receiving her internship at Mercy West, herself and Jackson had received an eviction notice... meaning that the moments at the frat house were now distant memories.

Caroline, who was studying fashion design, had recently started renting an apartment and was looking for a roommate, and upon becoming close, Hope was the first person she spoke to about it.

The Rodriguez felt tears well in her eyes, something she hadn't experienced in a long time. Tears rolled down her cheeks, as she pressed her back against the closed door, and sunk to the floor.

Now seated on the cold tiled floor, she reached her hands up to her face, and covered her eyes as she let out a sob. The weight of the past few weeks came crashing down on her.

Angelina, her baby sister, was now laying in a hospital bed on life support. After a fatal car accident with a drunk driver, the young mother had been placed in a coma.

After every shift, Hope would make her way to Seattle Grace, to see her beloved sister. She would spend an hour or so sitting with her, and talking to her as though the latina was sitting upright in the bed and listening to her.

Angel's condition wasn't seeming to improve, and it overwhelmed Hope. She only reconnected with the younger latina a few year prior, and they'd grown close. Hope couldn't lose Angie, and neither could Lolita.

Hope believed she'd been home alone, so the look on her face when Cara exited her room, was pure embarrassment and exasperation.

The only people Hope had ever cried in front of, were Jackson and Catherine. She tried to hide whenever she felt the need to cry, but being as overwhelmed as she had, the ravenette hadn't even made it to her bedroom before breaking down.

"Hope." Cara managed to say, never seeing the girl in such a state. The blonde rushed over and pulled Hope off of the floor, and into her arms.

The ravenette practically fell into Caroline's arms, as she let out a cry. "I miss my sister." Hope managed to whisper, once she found the ability to speak again.

"Angie is gonna wake up, okay? She's gonna fight." The Robbins reassured her, as she rubbed Hope's back as an attempt to soothe her.

After several minutes, Hope pulled away from the shorter girl, feeling embarrassed for crying. Cara, on the other hand, seemed to be thinking.

"Why don't we go out tonight? You need a night off." She asked, pepping up. Hope sniffled before she said, "What about Lola?" She responded.

"I can call Arizona, maybe she can babysit. C'mon, you need a drink... I need a drink. Let's go hit up Joe's bar. Jackson can come too." Cara insisted, clapping her hands together.

Hope let out a light chuckle at Cara's enthusiasm, before she shrugged. "Okay. You've twisted my arm." The Rodriguez joked, wiping away her tears.

Cara gave Hope a soft smile, before she spun around and skipped off to her bedroom. "I have some new designs we coul—"

"I think I'll stick to my leather jacket." Hope decided, before she glanced around at some of the mannequins floating around the apartment, of which wore some very colourful and flashy designs.

⋆⋅🩺⋅⋆

Joe's bar had become quite the hangout spot for Hope, Jackson and their friends. What originally was supposed to be Hope, Cara and Jackson having a quiet night soon turned into a small group as Jackson had invited a few more residents from Mercy West.

Hope currently sat at the bar, ordering a round of drinks. As she waited, she turned to the small dance floor to see her friends and coworkers.

Cara, Jackson, April, Reed and Percy were all dancing amongst a few others, as they were all drunk.

"Six fireball shots?" The bartender asked, causing Hope's head to snap in their direction. She gave a nod, "Mhm." She said, with a slight smirk. While she liked most stronger shot likes tequila and vodka, fireball was her favourite.

"Thanks." Hope said to the bartender, as she took the small tray of shots, to take over to her friends.

"Ooh, spicy." A buzzed voice nearby piped up. Hope turned her head, as her brown eyes landed on a tipsy brunette girl, who was seated at the bar.

She was beautiful, and Hope could have sworn she felt her breath hitch in her throat upon meeting the eyes of the stranger.

The ravenette decided she was coming back to this pretty stranger after she gave the fireball shots to her friends. She kept in mind that she'd have to flee the dance floor before Cara tried to convince her to dance.

So she did. Hope delivered the shots, made sure to laugh at Jackson's disgusted expression, and then she founded herself walking back to the lonely brunette, who was still sitting by the bar.

It was the beginning of everything... a beautiful and equally as tragic love story.

⋆⋅🩺⋅⋆

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm still on a writing hiatus I swear. Tbh, I prewritten this before my semester started and forgot to post it 😅

I'm honestly so looking forward to writing this fanfic, ya'll don't even know 💞💕💖💗💓💖💞