2

Class was boring and I wanted to pass out. When I was dozing off, and just about to, somone threw a paper ball at my face. I turned my head right to see Kaito letting out a snort and motioning me to open the ball.

I instead ignored Kaito and threw the ball back aiming right at his face. Kaito, making a pouting face, caught it and was ready to throw it again until the teacher intervened and grabbed the ball.

"Kaito, what is so important about this paper that it distracted your attention from my lessons?" the teacher asked.

"Oh, haha.. nothing." Kaito avoided eye contact.

I was amused watching the scene of awkward Kaito in the flesh.

"Then it would be alright if I read this aloud to the class, correct?"

"I would actually prefer if that paper would stay private." Kaito's words were close to a whisper while side-glancing at me.

'Woah, why is he acting so wack?'

"And that would be a you problem. If I may, ehem," the teacher cleared his throat, "I've been wondering. Do your lips taste as good as they look?"

'🤨?'

"That is a little straightforward Kaito, but you do you I guess. Good Luck."

Kaito's head was now tucked in his arms on his desk. He seemed quite embarrassed.

'Is he tryna pick a fight or something.'

Break came. I didn't even care anymore about life at this point. I got my jacket and placed it on my desk to act as a pillow. Ready to slowly lie my head down onto a comfortable position.

"Toonu is joining the photography club if you are interested." Kyouske turned around.

'Oh my gosh. Must you keep bothering me?'

"Whatever." I replied.

"I honestly recommend not joining it. They don't even do even photography or give any work," Kyouske continued.

"No work? That's enough for me! I'm in."

Kyouske scorned at me with a 'you're an idiot' look then immediately went back to his cheerful smile. I shrugged my shoulders. I figured I might as well have a talk with Toonu to see what convinced him to join. Kaito and Kyouske were acting odd.

I went to Toonu by his window seat. He looked startled when I sat in front of him.

"Why are you joining the photography club?" I asked.

"Oh, hello. Uh, it just seemed like an easy club is all."

"That's why I'm gonna join it too. Let's check it out during break tomorrow."

"S-sure. That would be great."

'He seems like a nice person,' Toonu thought.

I continued talking with Toonu the rest of break. For the next 2 classes until lunch I continuously noticed Kaito looking at me. When lunch came I confronted him.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Nothing."

"Kay, and this nothing implies you to keep looking at me? You told me you had something to say at break but didn't."

"You were talking with the other new kid, I didn't want to interrupt. And why are so chill?"

"What do you mean, chill? What is there to worry about?"

"The note during class. What else?"

"The note. The note...Oh, the paper ball. Those pranks happen all the time at my last school. Didn't expect it to be here too. Didn't take you for one of those guys."

Kaito sat in his seat dumbfounded. It seemed like his face became a bit more relaxed, but I had enough of his weirdness.

"For goodness sake I'm just gonna go to lunch already. I'll see if your school's menu is any good."

After getting lunch I sat at the table with Yaguchi and Toonu after they profoundly waved urging me to come. 

"What took you so long? We were wondering where you were," Yaguchi said while stuffing his face with a burger.

"Had a small talk with Kaito. He was freaking out about that note during class."

"That was a little weird," Toonu said.

"I told him not to worry about it. I already knew it was a prank."

Yaguchi seemed to have something to say but I brushed it off.