1

Kevin POV 

 I needed to transfer to a new school. It wasn't my fault that random kid purposefully bumped into me and didn't apologize. He told me it was my fault! Like I would ever want to be near his existence much less make contact with walking trash, his face was just asking for a beating. And how was I supposed to know he was the dean's son? The only reason I didn't want to transfer was because my parents are sending me to an all boys school. One of the hottest girls I've ever seen sits next to me in Math. Why would I give that up?

After an hour drive, I finally pulled up to my new school. Just looking at the scenery it can't even compete to my previous... seeing boys from every direction. While walking to homeroom, I see a boy standing at the front of the classroom. I slide open the door upon hearing my teacher's voice.

"You must be Kevin. You finally made it, it's great to have you with us too! Why don't you come over here and introduce yourself... Toono, you can sit at the open seat near the window," the teacher asked.

I walk to the front where the boy was previously standing, writing my name on the chalkboard in English, then introducing myself.

"Hello, my name is Kevin. I moved to Japan two years ago from the US. And starting today, I'll be attending this school after being expelled from my last. My hobbies are swimming and track. Nice to meet you all."

I tried my best to sound enthusiastic but my strong gaze might have seeped through and ruined it. I glanced around the classroom and saw everyone's eyes on me. It wasn't intimidating but rather hungry. It weirded me out.

"Welcome Kevin. You may sit behind Kyouske. Kyouske please raise your hand."

An orange haired boy's hand goes up while smiling brightly. We made eye contact as I made my way towards him and took my seat. 

"I don't have anything to say, I'll just end homeroom here. Have fun amongst yourselves until next period," the teacher finished.

Immediately, the boy in front of me turned around and spoke.

"I'm Yaguchi Kyouske. Everyone calls me Yacchan so feel free to call me it too. It's nice to meet you too Kevin!"

Hm, he's too soft looking. A pretty boy,... sus.

"Interesting."

"Uh, thank you? Oh! But, what club do plan on joining?"

"I don't join clubs, I only do sports."

"What? It's mandatory to join a club for at least a year here."

"You're kidding me."

"Make sure you find one before the end of today."

Kyouske flashed a smile before getting up and walking to the boy sitting by the window. I stayed in my seat while the 2 boys began talking. I put my head down planning to nap until somebody tapped on my shoulder.

"Kevin, I think you would be a great fit for the photography club."

I looked up to see a random boy in front of me.

"Photography. Very funny," I scoffed. 

"Right. It's just, all the sports clubs are currently full. The photography club is the only other one that gets your adrenaline going."

"As if. Who even are you?"

"Oh, whoops. My name's Kaito. I sit 2 seats down from you and kind of overheard your conversation. The club's name is misleading but- ...never-mind."

"No go on, I'm listening."

"Uhhhhhh. Well. You see. The photography club... It doesn't actually do... photography," Kaito stammered.

"Kaito. You're fucking weird."

"Kevin. Let's be friends."

"Hell no."

"Whyy? You're fun to talk to."

"You think this is fun? You're a weirdo."

"Hey that's not very nice."

"Never intended it to be."

The bell rang interrupting our not so conversation.

"I'll catch you at break Kevin. See you."

Kaito returned to his seat waving. I sighed already tired.

"This begins my misery."

Written 11/22/21 5:37 p.m