Part five: Masked Criminal

Start from the beginning

"SHED. GO."

She finally stopped, turning back and running to Bella. You saw them turn your way before running away. Good, they were the last two people you needed getting hurt. Your legs hurt as you took a few steps, turning around and looking for the person who attacked you. Suddenly you heard the sound of 3D-MG and you turned around. Before you could think, a pair of strong legs kicked you in the stomach. You gasped and fell to the ground, clutching your stomach while you threw up a bit. That piece of trash is going to be sorry they ever messed with me! You got to your feet and pulled out your blade. This person was definitely not part of the Military Police. They were too strong. Using all your senses, you closed your eyes to listen closer. You heard footsteps behind you, and waited until they were close enough then you turned and pounced. The person stopped in surprise, but before they could move you punched them in their jaw. They staggered for a quick moment before returning the blow. Man, this person recovers fast, you thought as you managed to doge the blow. You were able to get a better look at your attacker. He had a tan colored hood outlined with red, and his body was covered in the tan cloth. He somewhat reminded you of a ninja. His hood was, unlike yours, very revealing. But to your dismay, he was wearing a matching beige face mask that covered his face up to his nose. The only thing visible was his deep brown eyes, which seemed oddly familiar. Something about him seems familiar...

All too soon you realized you let your guard down. You *just* managed to jump and avoid a fierce blow, falling but regaining your balance. Twirling around, you ducked and kicked him in the shin. He flinched but barely took a second to recover before grabbing your leg and twisting it so that your body slammed into the ground. This guy is too good! You recovered, slightly staggering as you stood up. He was gone? Looking around, you saw a flash as he took a picture of you from a rooftop. It blinded you for a moment, and you blinked to focus. Putting the camera into a pocket at his side, he then flung himself in your direction. You weren't able to react, and you felt his hand wrap around your neck and waist as he landed on you. Putting all his weight onto your body, he took out a weird looking gun from his back pocket. Staring at you, you were able to see his eyes bore into you with an unidentifiable emotion. Even though he couldn't see your eyes, it was like he was staring directly at you. He leaned closer, then suddenly jolted back and slightly shook his head. Aiming the weird weapon at your neck, he put his finger to the trigger. Oh hell no, I'm not going out like this! You used all your strength and shot your knee up, kicking him in the groin. He let out a semi-deep yelp as you got off you, his hands clutching his lower region and dropping the gun. You didn't hesitate to jolt up, quickly grabbing him and slamming his head onto the floor. Holding his head down while grabbing one of his arms with your free hand, you put yourself on top of him. You were only able to see the side of his face, because his other half was against the ground. Leaning close to his face, you inhaled. He smelt somewhat like coal.

"Who are you..." You growled into his ear. Since you didn't know who he was working for, you made sure to make your voice a bit deeper to sound more manly. This was the first time you talked to someone who was after you, but you desperately needed to know who this person was and talked anyways. Leaning closer, you growled into the side of his head. "Who the fuck are you? Are you with the Military police?"

He didn't answer, so you pushed his head harder to the ground. He let out a hiss, trying to wriggle out your grasp. You weren't going to let him go, though. Tightening your grip, you yelled, "Answer me!" Your voice went a bit higher pitched, and you cleared your throat.

No answer. You growled, leaning in so close if you were to go any closer you would be kissing his covered cheek. His hood fell back a bit, revealing dark brown hair. You saw his eyes widen and he instantly kicked you off him, pulling his hood back on while using his 3D-MG to bolt away. You coughed, a small clot of blood coming out your mouth. You were about to follow him, but just like that, he was gone. Looking around bewildered, your mouth was actually hanging open.