S2 E2: The Art of Chill

Start from the beginning

Kenji says, "Shh. And join me at my resting tree."

"Your 'resting tree'?"

"It's a tree where you rest. The name kind of covers it."

"That's not... Okay, Darius said to sort through the debris. If you don't do it and Tem and I can't do it, who will do it?"

"Everyone else. Yaz, the best things in life are things you make other people do for you. Example: I've never cleaned my room. I wait for it to get messy enough that my dad's assistant caves and he makes one of the maids do it for me. Win-win."

"And you're proud of this?"

"Obvi, otherwise I wouldn't have told you about it. Now, stop talking and start relaxing."

"But-"

"Sh."

Kenji moves closer to me and pats the ground. He says, "resting tree."

Yaz leans on the tree then slides down. I go through my backpack and pull out my stitching kit and medkit. Yaz left but Kenji didn't notice. Kenji says, "Man, I really needed this, you know? Some quality Kenji time."

Kenji finally noticed Yaz was gone. Kenji says, "fine, hop away! I'll stay here under the tree!"

Five seconds later, Kenji says, "Tem, stay put! I am going to find Yaz!"

I yell, "Like, I would be able to run far!"

He grabbed a butter knife and walked off.

___Rebel___

We finally made it to the clinic. We start looking for anything we can take. Brooklyn found canned fruit. I see Darius found a little notebook. We found more medical supplies to pack in Sammy and my messenger bags. I hear a bellowing sound. We walk to the opening of a fence. In cages are dinosaurs. We walk into the fenced-off area. Brooklyn asks, "what is this place?"

I say, "I believe that this is where they take sick dinosaurs and treat them."

We look inside a Sinoceratop's cage. She was out of water and food. Sammy and Darius decide to free them. Brooklyn reminds the two that we are here to get medical supplies and that was it. There is a groan. I turn to see a Baryonyx in a cage. I walked over to it. It looked at me calmly. When the others came over, I backed up to let them see. The Baryonyx roars and leaps at us. Darius wants to leave it. Sammy wants to free it.

____Temperance___

Kenji is still looking for Yaz. I am still sitting under the tree.

____Rebel___

Darius and Sammy are arguing about freeing the predators. Sammy says, "If we can't let them go, we'll have to come back every day to feed them."

Darius says, "With what? Baryonyxes eat more than 100 pounds of meat a day."

Sammy pulls out, and I'm not kidding, a can of peaches. Darius says, "Peaches? They're carnivores, not omnivores."

Sammy wants to know where we can find 100 pounds of meat. Darius gestures at a Sinoceratop. Sammy is dismayed.

Sammy goes back to plan A: free them to the wild.

They continued to argue when Brooklyn ran back and yelled, "Run! Run!"

We turn and gasp.

____Temperance___

Yaz calls me through the radio, saying, "Tem, I fell and injured my ankle worse. Kenji is helping me get back."

"Do you need me to come and get you guys?"

"No. Stay there and rest. If you move you might need more stitches."