Chapter 22 (revised)

Start from the beginning

I chuckled softly. "Thank you. I love them." I looked at him and he smiled. "Sorry for calling you an ass."

I put the books on the desk and went back to my forms. He relaxed his chin on my shoulder, looking at the forms as well. "Why did you resign? You had a chance to go back to Briggs."

I paused a moment, and now I would have to explain why I stayed to the person I stayed for. "I want two things. You, and Briggs, and I can't have both so-"

He started laughing, it started small but then went louder. "You gave up Briggs for me?"

I nodded, my face and ears warming up. "I gave up Briggs for you."

"And you're blushing!" He leaned in and whispered. "I can see your ears."

The feeling of his breath against my ear made me shiver, in an almost arousing way.

"I guess you do like me huh?" He snickered.

"Okay!" I pushed him back gently. "I have to take these to the Furher's office, and hand my watch in." I handed him the books. "Take my flowers back to your office."

He followed me. "Now you're running away from me!" He caught up to me. "Don't run. Just admit."

"Okay, I will."

He stopped in his tracks as the words came out. I leaned in and whispered. "I'll find you in your office when I'm done." I glanced at his face before leaving his stiff figure in the hall.

(Roy's POV)

'I'll find you in your office'

What? What? What does that mean??

I let the others go home early, the office was empty now and it was dark by this time.

I glanced at the books on my desk. Very smooth of me to get them, clever.

My heart skipped when there was a knock and the door opened, and it fluttered when Hunter walked in, closing the door behind her.

She smiled.

"Everything went well?" My eyes followed her as she walked up to my desk.

"Eh, as well as it could've gone." She moved to the window. She looked out onto the dark street. "Where was the Lieutenant placed?"

I sighed. "Bradley's personal assistant."

"God.." She shook her head. "That's worse than getting expelled on bad conduct."

I chuckled. "You'd rather have your reputation shattered than be at Bradley's side?"

She laughed softly. "My reputation was shot the minute I became the Blue Flame. Oh, and that time I had a breakdown in the lounge room." She laughed again. "Yikes, that was-"

"What?" This was the first time I'd heard about it. "You had a breakdown?"

She looked at me. "It was.. uh... after the accident. I begged Hughes not to tell anyone back home."