Chapter 22 (revised)

Start from the beginning

And now I'm going to worry about that.

"That was harsh Colonel." Breda glanced at me.

I nodded. "I know." Why am I so angry at her decision? It's not like she's going anymore.

Hawkeye walked into the hallway briefly, and then came back. "She's gone now." She looked annoyed with me. "You two were doing so well too. I hope for your sake Colonel, that she even hears your side of it."

I ran my hand through my hair. I am losing everything.. and I don't know what to think or how to react. This is really putting a block in what I'm trying to do-

They knew, they knew everything. Even from the start- What the hell am I gonna do now? What can I do now?

Ugh!... I just, need time to think first..

And I just yelled at someone important, because I don't know how to handle the way I'm feeling.

I am an ass- I didn't even get to ask why-

I walked towards the door. "I'll be back later."

(Hunter's POV)

I went back home for a while and was immediately bored. There's nothing interesting at my house.

What do regular people do? Regular, civilized, domestic people, what do they do all day?

I don't want any other job and I don't want to go back home to my overbearing mother. Maybe I should've gone back to Briggs.

Nah, that would've been hard to do. I think I made the right choice staying here, even IF Roy disagrees.

I stood at the Personnel desk, filing out the rest of my discharge forms.

I glanced at the ground and noticed boots standing next to me, my eyes went up and it was Roy.

He stood awkwardly, books in hand. He didn't look angry anymore.

"You yelled at me, told me to get the hell out, and now you show up." I went back to filing my forms.

"Of course I'm going to show up." He sounded sincere.

I put my pen down and glanced at him. "How am I supposed to know that?"

"You've never done this before." He stepped closer.

"Ha, no, I've never done this before." I never had the luxury of gentleness in a relationship.

"Alright well, you can expect me to show up from now on. Even if we yell at each other. I'll still be here." He handed me the books. "That's something I can promise."

I wasn't expecting this, I didn't even know how to handle this. I don't know this type of relationship. I don't know what I'm doing.

I looked back at Roy. But he does... he knows how to do this, and he's shown up time after time, even when things were difficult. Even when I was being difficult.

I guess I can trust you. Maybe letting you in wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

I do like you.

I looked at the books. Dandelion Wine. Daisy Miller. The Black Tulip.

"Look closer. What do the titles have in common?" He looked at the books.

"They all have flowers in the title-" I paused and laughed. "Is this your way of giving me flowers?"

He laughed, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me in.  "You catch on quickly." He kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."