Escape

He ran through the hall trying to get out as quick as possible. When he finally did, he ran down the village. On his way down he heard a voice he has been hearing for the past two years.

"Where do you think you're going?" He turned around to meet none other then Dagur the Deranged.

"As far away as possible from you." He stated. Dagur let out a maniac chuckle.

"I do not think so chief." The man pulled out his sword and charged at the wounded chief. Hiccup set his sword on fire and took a fighting stance. When Dagurs sword hit his, sparks flew and Dagurs sword started to melt. But he didn't stop.

"Hello there chief. Even after all these years you still escape. But I'll always capture you. You're too weak to fight anyway. Why don't you just give up and train my dragons? Maybe your wife will live if you do? Perhaps your children." That drew the last straw and he exploded.

"You will not touch my kids. Nor my wife. You will not live to see that day."

"What makes you say that?"

Without even a second to spare Hiccup pulled out his dagger and stabbed the man in his chest. Dagur gasped and his sword fell.
He soon followed along with Hiccup. He stood their on his knees looking at the young chief with wide eyes.

"Cause I won't allow it. I begged you so that this won't happened. But you are as deranged as your name says it. Remember this face Dagur. The face of the boy who you have used as target practice. Remember it good. For it is the last face you will see. No longer will you terrorise anyone. Not me. Not my village. Nor my wife and children." He pulled out the dagger and stood up. Dagur looked at the man with fear.

"I am so glad that I am not your brother." He spat in front of him as he started to fall to the ground. He hit it with a loud thud before closing his eyes. All those villagers who saw that cheered. The Berzerkers just threw their weapons to the ground and started to back away. He started to run back to the dock and to the first boat he saw.

"You what?" Valka asked.

"You heard me .I killed a man. And not just any man. The same man that sent me the letter." The crowd gasped.

"You WHAT?!?!" Gobber yelled.

"Your chief who you thought would never harm a human being did just that...I KILLED DAGUR THE DERANGED!!!" Whispers emitted from the crowd. None could believ it.

"But you would never."

"Would I? What is on that dagger?" He asked the same woman from earlier.

"Blood." She answered but barely over a whisper.

"We can't hear you?!?!" He said.

"BLOOD!" She yelled. The crowd then exploded. No one could believe it. They passed the dagger around showing everyone that the whole blade was covered in blood.

"How?" One of the villagers asked.

"He was the problem. Him. It wasn't his tribe. It wasn't his father. It was him. We collided with our swords so hard that sparks flew. And then he said something that made me snap. He threatened to kill my wife and my children. And that is something I do not allow. I pulled that dagger out and stabbed him. I put it in so deep that I had to use all my force to pull it out. All of it. He fell to the ground with a thud where he let his last breath before his eyes closed.

"This is not something I'm proud of. It's not. I'm not proud that my kids have to hear this from me. Especially now, because this is one of the first things they are hearing their father say after 3 years. But I couldn't stop myself. I took that dagger and stabbed him in a blink of an eye. I'm not proud of it but I do not regret it. For I can finally sleep in peace knowing that Dagur the Deranged is not alive.
He's not here to threaten my village nor my family. He is gone. DAGUR THE DERANGED IS NO MORE!!!" The villagers cheered in happiness. The lunatic chief was finally gone. And their own chief is the one responsible. He looked at his kids and saw them with small smiles. He walked and kneeled in front of them.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." He apologized.

"It's okay daddy."

"Yeah. I think it was very brave."

"Thanks Tyler. Now who's hungry?"

"Me" They raised their hands and shouted. He chuckled and went to his table where his friends were seated. Tonight he will sit at the chiefs table. But tomorrow, he will probably sit at his old table. In front of him was this huge platter of food. And he was delighted because he had gotten bored of fish. He sat there talking with his friends and kids in his lap for the next hour or so before the doors of the hall were open...