Berk

Finally. He could finally see the island. After 3 years. He knew he was on the right path because just the day before he passed Itchy Armpit. He was glad that he calculated right. He was going to see his family again. Finally. But he still knew that he had to sail for the entire day before he would get there at probably midnight. The dragons have been pulling for five hours straight now so he decided that they should rest.

"Sunrise. Sunset. Come on down and rest for a while." But they refused.
"Guys come on down. You'll pass out if you don't." Still they didn't listen. The 28 year old man was confused as why the dragons wouldn't come down. But since he obviously couldn't get them to listen, he gave up and just looked at the sight before him. A smile creeped on his face as he saw that pile of rock he called home. He was going to see his village again. His friends and family. He was going to see Toothless, Valka, Gobber, the gang.
He was going to see Astrid, Emily and Tyler. And that made him extra happy. To see his wife, son and daughter. He now understood the dragons. They wanted this to end. For him to finally be happy.
And to help them, he raised the sail since there was some wind. And that sent them even faster. While Hiccup was happy that he was going to see his island, the people on the island weren't so happy. Because today was his so called anniversary. And on that day no one was happy. Absolutely no one. Not even the dragons. On that day Astrid would disappear. She would trust her kids with Valka and just disappear. Nobody knew where she went. And they didn't bother to look for her because they knew she wanted to be alone. She would just go to the cliff high above Berk and stay there the entire day sobbing. And that is the exact thing she did now. She sat at that cliff with Stormfly and sobbed.

"How...d-did I...I l-let this hap-happen?" She asked herself. She was broken. More then that. Crushed. She was just... She couldn't describe it. And she didn't want to. She missed him. She missed her husband. She missed her soulmate and her best friend. She missed Hiccup. Soon it was night fall and she was still up there when she heard the horn blew one time. A visitor. She knew she didn't have to go down. They would be just fine without her. But she didn't know who that visitor was. Down in the village the people took their weapons just in case and went to the town square. The stranger climbed up the docks and to the village covered with a black robe. They didn't know who he was. Or why he was here. But they were going to find out. As acting chief, Valka stood there with Cloudjumper and Toothless behind her and her grandchildren on the alphas back. When he was in her ear shot she noticed something odd. The person was slightly limping, with two Deadly Nadders trailing behind them. Even with all the torches, she could not see the face of the man/woman. When he/she was about 12 feet away the person stopped.
"I'm Valka. Acting chief of Berk. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Where is the chief?" By his voice she knew it was a man. The voice sounded muffled but also, strangely very familiar.
"That is none of your concern. I'm the chief right now.
So I ask again. What are you doing here?"
"I need to know where the chief is." The stranger continued.

"He's not here. Not for a while now."

"For how long?" the stranger asked.
"Three years was today. Now answer me. Or be sent to see once more."

"I doubt you will sent me again. After all... This is my island." The villagers drew their weapons at that. Valka took a threatening stance while Toothless put the kids down and pushed them behind his wings.
"Who are you? Take that robe off RIGHT NOW!!!" She yelled at the stranger while griping her staff. The man chuckled.
"I didn't mean that as a threat. I said that because this is my island. I grew up on it. And I know your son. The chief."

"How would you know anything about him? He's been dead for three years." Valka spat at the stranger.

"I thought you said he was missing?"