chapter eighteen

Genevieve's little Grinch heart swelled at the sight of the Shakespeare scripts being passed around the class. They were doing Romeo and Juliet, and if she were on talking terms with Tristan she'd be gushing her heart out. Unfortunately for him, she was still giving him the silent treatment and it had him tossing and turning in bed for the past two weeks.

After the whole being abandoned at the mall thing, Tristan tried to make it up to her every day. Showing up at her house to give her rides each morning, baking her little cakes, bringing her flowers, and he even learned how to make origami cranes as an apology.

But Tristan soon found that she left ten minutes earlier each day, gave the cakes to Madeline, let her little sisters make crowns out of the flowers, and she already knew how to make paper cranes- and she made them a lot better than him. At that point, he didn't know what exactly she was upset about, but it was driving him insane that she wasn't speaking to him. A part of him was ready to drive up to Weston's cabin and ask for advice on how to get his sister to speak to him again, but he decided against it in fear of becoming a new murder mystery novel.

Genevieve looked down at her assignment paper and saw Act 5: Death written in bright bold letters. Instantly, she began writing down ideas for blocking, costumes, and lighting. It was due a week from Sunday, and she planned on her group being the best damn scene.

"Act five." Delphine said once they were dismissed for independent time.

"Five." Hestia said.

"Act Five?" Paris looked at Rory, not bothering to hide her dread.

"Act Five." She confirmed.

"Well at least we have our little theatre kid," Delphine teased.

"I know that's meant to be an insult, but I can't exactly find it in myself to actually take it as one," She quipped, picking her books up.

Hestia, Delphine, and Paris gathered outside of the classroom, looking at her expectantly.

"What?"

"We know you already have a game plan," Paris said, "Let's hear it Clairmont."

"Rory's not here," She looked over Paris' shoulder to see her talking to Henry. She suspected that he had a thing going on with Lane, but it wasn't her business, especially since she knew how Henry was with girls. Paris whipped around and went up to the two, and said a few things that caused Henry to frown, within the next minute, Rory was back in the group.

"We'll meet in the cafeteria," Genevieve said, "Since Henry's group already managed to snag the auditorium."

"The acoustics are very similar to the Grant Hall," Paris added.

"Well, lookie who's back from suspension," Hestia scoffed and Genevieve turned around to see Tristan. Fighting a scowl, she turned back to the group, actively ignoring him.

Of course, she knew why he got suspended. 

It was stupid Duncan and Bowman. This time, the three took apart Mr. McCaffey's car and hired a mechanic to reassemble it in the science-building hall. It was a mediocre prank at best, and she had countless nitpicks about it. Starting with the fact that the science building had expandable doors, so the car would have easily been driven through. And the only reason why they were caught was because they did it during the study hall session. Tristan was no stranger to pranks, in fact, he was known for them- and rumor had it that Genevieve helped him plan them. Which was why he was never caught. Oh, how the tables turned when he pissed her off.

"Anyone stupid enough to hang out with Butch Cassidy and the Sun-Dunce kid deserves whatever they get," Paris said, and Genevieve chuckled.

"How'd he fall in with those guys?" Rory asked.

Little Annotations | Tristan Dugrayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें