Chapter 11

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everyone( for those who celebrate)!! I don't usually enjoy Thanksgiving because I don't eat turkey but for those of you who do and celebrate, I hopee you have a wonderful time! This is an early update, but fear not, I will not fail to update on Saturday as usual. Enjoy the chapter!

Y/n's P.O.V.

I slowly flickered my eyes open and they met with the cool and soothing moonlight reflected by the moon through a window near the futon I laid in.

I involuntarily shifted the position of my feet to the edge of my futon and applied force on them, making them stand up and meet the cold floor.

‘Did I sleep throughout the day?’ I questioned about heading out to check whether Giyuu was home before c/n had swept into the room and flew above my head relaying a message to me.

“CAW! MISSION! HEAD NORTH-EAST!” It squealed loudly before I shewed it away because of the ruckus it was causing.

It wasn’t a surprise to me. I had gotten my newly forged sword a day or two ago in the evening and I knew sooner or later a mission was heading my way.

I quickly grabbed my sword and put on my haori above my uniform before exiting the room to depart on my mission.

Time skip

I strolled through the quiet town as I watched little kids play in the narrow pathways on the street before a smile found its way up on my face.

I passed by that adorable scene to continue my objective of coming to this town then I began to ask all the remaining people on the streets for any clues on strange activities recently.

Just as I was at the brink of giving up hope on asking, an elderly woman screamed.

“HELP! MY GRANDSON!! HE’S GONE!!” she shouted before she fell on her knees and commenced to wail in anguish.

The people around her looked at her in pity then turned away from her with a disgusted look before going their way.

“That’s the second time today”

“Spreading lies in the middle of our streets. Pathetic”, they whispered among themselves, making me grit my teeth together in frustration seeing that no one was willing to help the lady.

“Your grandson?” I asked her when I got close to her and she then looked up at me and looked me in the eyes.

“Y-y-YES! A-A-A MONSTER TOOK HIM!” she screamed then cried out loudly again.

“A demon?” I whispered below my breath, not sure what she was talking about.

“W-What did you say?” she asked me, looking up into my eyes again.

“Do you know where this monster went?” I changed my question, reaching out my hand to pull the poor old lady up from the dirty ground of the town.

“T-th-that way” she sniffed into the handle of her kimono and pointed to the direction east from the position we were in. 

“Okay. I’ll see what I can do to help” I reassured her before heading east to search for the attacker and confirm my suspicions if it was truly a demon.

But on my way there, something suddenly launched at me from behind and fortunately, I was able to barely move out of the way as it had scratched my s/c colored cheek.

Looking up at my attacker, I saw a pair of deep orange eyes that were already staring into mine. 

It was a woman that had orange eyes and pure whie hair that flowed along its back.