(12) ♠︎The Obstacle Course♦︎

Start from the beginning

I decided to abandon flying and run to the last obstacle. I stopped once I reached a suspiciously empty space of land.

"AND NOW WE'RE APPROACHING THE FINAL OBSTACLE. EVERYONE BETTER BE CAREFUL. YOUR STEPPING ONTO A MINE FIELD! IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY, YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE BOMBS ARE BURIED. SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE GROUND FOLKS! BY THE WAY, THOSE LANDMINES ARE DESIGNED FOR THE GAME, SO THEY MIGHT BE LOUD AND FLASHY. BUT THEY'RE NOT ALL THAT POWERFUL."

I threw my scythe away and began walking through the field.

I heard some exploding at the beginning. Until I heard one that sounded different. I turned around and saw Bakugou using his quirk to navigate throughout the obstacles.

He blasted his way next to Todoroki and tried to attack him. They started to fight while I just walked with my hands in my pockets.

There was a sudden large explosion at the beginning that was bigger than all the others.

I turned around and saw Izu flying through the air with a metal part from one of the robots.

"I'll let him get first place since he worked harder than me."

"WHATEVER THE CASE! CLASS 1-A's IZUKU MIDORIYA, IS SUDDENLY IN FIRST PLACE!" Present Mic announced.

"Deku! What the hell are you doing?!" Bakugou yelled as he abandoned Todoroki and used explosions to catch up.

"I'll just try to get second place, on the bright side I won't receive that much attention."

I levitated myself to the top and flew ahead of Bakugou so that he wouldn't get ahead of me.

Todoroki made ice on the ground and ran.

"LOOK AT THAT PLOT TWIST! THOSE TWO AREN'T FIGHTING ANYMORE! THEY'RE CHASING IZUKU MIDORIYA AND KUSUO AIZAWA! THIS FIGHT IS FAR FROM OVER!" Present Mic yelled.

I looked back and saw Izu step on the other two's shoulders and slammed the metal plate on the mine. He flew ahead of me and ran. I floated down and decided to run.

The other two started running after us.

"ERASERHEAD! YOUR STUDENTS ARE AMAZING! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TEACHING THEM?!" Present Mic asked.

"THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. EACH OF THEM IS POWERED BY THEIR OWN DRIVE TO SUCCEED." Dadzawa said.

"That's actually inspirational."

"AND THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS! ERASERHEAD IS A TERRIBLE TEACHER!" Present Mic said.

"WHAT?!" Dad said furiously.

"Can't argue with the truth."

"WHO WOULD'VE IMAGINED AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS RACE THAT THE CLIMAX WILL BE, A NONSTOP MEGAMIX OF SURPRISES?!" Present Mic announced.

"THE FIRST TO MAKE IT TO THE STADIUM IS THE FIRST PLACE WINNER!....IZUKU MIDORIYA IS THE CHAMPION!" Present Mic announced.

The audience cheered loudly.

Izu started to cry tears of happiness.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Hey Kuu-Chan. *Sniff* Yeah! I'm fine!" He said smiling and still shedding tears of joy.

I gave a small smile and nodded.

"Good job on getting first place." I said

"I'm not going to tell him that I let him win first place or else his heart will break into a million pieces and the stadium will flood with tears. Second place isn't too bad, at least I won't get too much attention."

"You were awesome too! You got second place isn't that cool?!" Izu said.

Uraraka jogged next to Izu, and looked very tired.

"Deku! That was amazing! I can't believe you got first place! You too Kusuo nice job on earning second place." Uraraka cheered causing Izu to get flustered.

"Hey Kusu! Great Job on getting second place man!" Eiji said while putting an arm around my neck.

"Is it just me or is it getting hotter in here? Maybe it's just my pyrokinesis acting up.. Yeah.."

"THE FIRST GAME FOR THE FIRST YEARS ARE FINALLY OVER! AND WHAT A GAME IT WAS! NOW LET'S TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT THE STANDINGS SHALL WE?" Present Mic announced.

1. Izuku Midoriya

2. Kusuo Aizawa

3. Shoto Todoroki

4. Katsuki Bakugou

5. Ibara Shiozaki

6. Juzo Honenuki

7. Tenya Iida

8. Fumikage Tokoyami

9. Eijro Kirishima

10. TetsuTetsu TetsuTetsu

11. Mashiroa Oijiro

12. Yotetsy Awase

13. Tsuyu Asui

14. Mezo Shoji

15. Rikido Sato

16. Ochaco Uraraka

17. Momo Yaoyorozu

18. Minoru Mineta

19. Mina Ashido

20. Koji Koda

21. Kyoka Jiro

22. Sen Kaibara

23. Kosei Tsubaraba

24. Denki Kaminari

25. Kojiro Bondo

26. Reiko Yanagi

27. Hitoshi Shinso

Blah..Blah..Blah I'm too lazy to write the rest.

42. Aoyama Yuuga

"ONLY THE TOP 42 WILL ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND. BUT DON'T BE SO LET DOWN IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT. WE PREPARED OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO SHINE." Midnight said and licked her lips again.

"Can she not afford chapstick?"

"NOW THE REAL FUN'S ABOUT TO BEGIN. THE CHANCE TO FULLY MOVE YOURSELVES INTO THE LINE LIGHT. GIVE IT YOUR BEST! LET'S SEE WHAT WE HAVE IN STORE FOR YOU NEXT. WILL YOUR WILDEST FANTASIES COME TO LIFE?!? WHAT COULD IT BE?! THE WAITING IS TORTURE! PREPARE YOURSELVES. FOR THIS!" She said as the screen behind her read...