Aiden

AIDEN

Privacy is a illusion.

You obviously know this because you invaded mine. The letter wasn't for you, it wasn't addressed to you either. It was in between my mother and me.

I know she's dead.

I know she can't read it.

I know there's no way to communicate with her.

I know there's no way that I can feel close to her anymore.

But now I don't have this. Do you understand what you've taken from me?

What you wrote implies that you know what agony feels like. I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't have interfered with mine.

My first thought after reading the letter was, this girl is CRAZY. I mean come on who writes to some random stranger you don't even know in a cemetery.

My second thought is that this girl can't be throwing stones at me.

She doesn't even know me. She has no clue about what I understand.

I'm shouldn't even be here, let alone reading notes from crazy girls that are left next to someone's headstone. If Blueberry-Brain catches me "slacking" of today there's going to be hell to pay. He already caught me coming here five minutes late.

If keeps on threatening me by calling the judge I'm going to lose it.

I'd come here to see if another letter had been left. I felt like I had a connection to the last letter.  But I didn't expect someone to actually read what I had written.

It feel like a slap to the face when I realized she must have been feeling the same way. 

I dig through my pockets to find a pencil, all I find is my keys and lighter. Right. Rudy borrowed my pencil during fifth period. But it's super unlikely for him not to return it, even as stupid as a old pencil.

Maybe fate is telling me to think before I speak. Write. Same thing.

I shove my hands into the gloves and start walking towards my mower. The good thing about this is there is loads of time to think. Think about what to write.