"I don't think... I've ever drunk so much," Evie mumbles. "I'm going to sleep..."

"No, girl," Amelie pulls her hand, "you have to wait a little longer. I have a surprise for you."

"Show me tomorrow," says Evie and sticks her hand on the couch, trying to get up.

The brunette manages to get to her feet, but almost falls, but Amelie gets up immediately and grabs her hand, the one who is healthy, and puts a hand behind her back, supporting her to stand.

"Thank you, Am. But I'm fine now," says Evie, and walks past her cousin.

Amelie goes after her because Evie stumbles and almost bangs her head against the walls.

"Maybe I shouldn't have brought that beer," says Amelie and sighs.

The next morning...

Evie wakes up muttering, her face in the pillow, still having a huge headache. She raises her head slightly and looks around the room. She opens her eyes instantly when she sees that she is not alone in bed. There is a man next to her who is awake and looking at her smiling. It's Nikki!

"What the hell?!" Evie shouts and gets out of bed, but almost falls, because last night she drank.

Nikki immediately gets out of bed and goes and grabs her so she doesn't fall. Now the two stare at each other, Evie the most confused.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"I came earlier," he smiles. "I wanted to surprise you. Amelie told me your mother was not home. I came here last night and saw that you were already asleep. I left you asleep a few weeks ago and now I find you asleep again," he chuckles.

"That's why Amelie told me to stay more awake yesterday," says Evie who realizes what her cousin's plan was.

"I didn't expect to find you drunk," Nikki chuckles.

"Hey, don't imagine I do this often. Not as often as you do. And at least I'm not on drugs. I have never tried. And I won't even try."

"Do you mean I'm taking drugs?" Nikki raises an eyebrow amused, still not offended by Evie's remark.

"Do you mean you don't? I didn't see you do it, but I went to your parties and I saw what those people were doing there."

"Is that why you're so distant from me?" The expression on Nikki's face changed, looking more serious.

Evie leans back, avoiding looking into his eyes, feeling nervous. The truth is, she really likes him. Just a look at him and she feels hypnotized. But she still feels a certain danger when she is next to him. She can't explain why. After all, he is not an ordinary man. She knows very well what is happening in his world. And that confuses her even more.

"Hey," he says in a soft voice. "I didn't mean to upset you or anything."

"It's ok... I didn't want to upset you either..."

"You're still wearing the plaster cast," he says, looking at her hand.

"I'll take it down tomorrow," Evie smiles weakly. "Anyway," she says and looks up at Nikki, "I didn't expect you to come sooner."

"You're glad to see me, aren't you?" He grins provocative.

"I..." Evie's face turns red instantly. "I have to go to the bathroom... I don't feel good..."

And the brunette leaves him and goes to the bathroom, but Nikki asks her with a worried face:

"Are you ok?"