001

It was freezing all night. I guess that's what you can expect when you live in what seems like the coldest place on Earth.
It had just hit winter and snow was already beginning to fall. Every time I saw that white numbing surface I thought of my mother Celia. A weird thought at a weird time but it was my one of my happiest moments with her. I take the heavily blankets off of my body and slid out of the bed. My dorm was poorly lit with just a lamp that I got for Christmas last year.
My hands glide off the bed and my body hit the cold surface. I let out a heavy sigh, "One more day"
." I thought. I threw on my doc martins.
I tuck my wand in the ponytail in my hair. I head out the door and quietly walk down the hall.It is 3:54 am and I couldn't sleep. I had one more day until it was time for me to come back to Hogwarts. My mother was excited and my father was "thrilled".I on the other hand we're dreading this day, I felt as if I would be an outcast if I returned to Hogwarts. My last year that I attend Hogwarts was 3rd. Meaning I would be in 6th by the time I came back. A waste if you ask me I would only have 2 years back why not stay at llvermory. That school might be shit but at least I wouldn't have to go back to Hogwarts. I was heading to the courtyard outside hoping my father wasn't awake. He often slept on the couch when Him and my mother had fights. Pathetic, he is. The elves were most likely to be minding their own. And my mother and brother most likely sleeping. I have insomnia and can't sleep at night. My mom has been trying all types of herbs since she was a muggle. Though her home remedies weren't really working. I didn't care though even though I would be exhausted In the morning at least I could get more things done when everyone is sleep. I open the green house door. To reveal all the green plants. I grab the watering can and fill it up with water. I could just do this with magic but I like to take a break from being a witch. I water the Lilly's and then the elephant ears. I new a good amount of plants muggle or not. Plants were my mothers things but she kinda dogleg about her hobby thanks to my father. He told her that she needed to stop worrying about those stupid plants and take of her kids like a mother should.

It made me furious when he said that because they best moments I have is with my mother. My mother was the person who always taught me and my brother to remember the little things and I thank her for that. Now we don't have that anymore. I water the plants by myself because I know it's what my mother would have wanted. I was on the last plant when I hear the greenhouse door open. I quickly sneak around a tall plant. I peaked through the plant to see Mary the house elf looking for something.

"Merlin Mary you scared me!" I say with a chuckle
Mary jumps when she hears my voice and quickly takes her hand off the roses.

Mary: "Oh master Venus I didn't mean to. I must've been sleepwalking." She says in a scratchy voice.

Me: "Mary you don't have to lie. Do you want a rose?" I ask

Mary: "oh no master, Mary can not take such things."

Venus: "Your not taking it Mary I'm giving it to you, and please stop calling me master." I say sincerely

I watch Mary look at the roses and the back up at me. I knew she wanted one so I was going to give it to her. It wasn't hurting anybody since me and Mary are the only people who take care of them I suppose. I walk over and cut one off for her. I would make sure it would grow back since I hate cutting plants but it's a nice thing to do for Mary.

Mary: "Oh thank you Maste- Venus, thank you, thank you!" She exclaims

Venus: "Oh alright we have to be quiet Mary." I say whispering

Mary and I walk through the glass door and shut it quietly. We walk in the stepping stones and open the back door. My father was in fact on the couch sleeping. He looked like a pig. My father was a fit man but in my eyes I saw him as a pig. I wave to Mary and she goes down the hall to the dungeon I hated that they sleep down there but I couldn't do anything about it I couldn't even free them. I closed the backdoor and tiptoed up the stairs. My bedroom was down the hall. I scurried down the hall and shut the door. Locked it.

"I might as well try to get some sleep." I thought

But sleep wasn't going to help me escape from tomorrow.

a/n

Hi! Okay I know this chapter may be boring but it's the beginning I can't have to much popping of yet. Just wait till she gets to Hogwarts.
Also! You can imagine the courtyard however you want but here is what I pictured . Ignore the house in the background.

 Ignore the house in the background