Ch.39 The Finish Line

Start from the beginning

I eyed him for a second. "Hows your chest?" I asked, curiously. It was hard to believe that just the other day he was shot. Even with a vest on, he should be sore as hell, yet he was standing here and not even acting one bit in pain. His movements were normal, and not once had he winced or moved slowly.

He finished and stepped back, focused on my tux. He eyed it carefully and patted my shoulder, finally returning my gaze. "I've had worse." was all he commented with. I knew his tone called for that to be the end of it. He didn't ever talk about the things he's been through. I knew him, but didn't know everything about him. I respected the fact that he probably didn't want to relive most of it, so I accepted his answer.

"Just don't go passing out on me in the middle of the vows." I replied gruffly, in a joking manner.

"Me?" he grinned. "I have one job today and that's to make sure you get hitched to Yn." He turned and looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his own tie. "And I never fail at finishing a job."

XxX

I stood beside Jimin, even more nervous than before. I wasn't having second thoughts by any means, but just the thought that I was actually going to be married to such an amazing woman and I didn't deserve her at all. Could I live up to her expectations? Would I make her happy?

I took a second to calm my racing thoughts. I looked around at all the green that surrounded us. This was a small section of the winery that was made for weddings. The area open with flowers placed perfectly in the right spots of the vines that covered almost every surface. They had specific stone poles that were on each side of me with lights stringed around them. It would have shone brighter if it was later in the evening, but it still looked elegant and nice.

I would only hope Yn would enjoy the sight.

This was thrown together last second and I was happy to pay whatever it took to get it ready. They had did a good job in the short amount of time they had. I was grateful I was able to give this to Yn. It was better than some random court house. She deserved so much better.

Suddenly a light piano started to play in the back round and I felt my body stiffen. Was it time already? Oh god. What if this

All thoughts suddenly left my mind as a sudden joy and filled my chest. The nerves that I had been battling turned into a happiness I hadn't felt in forever. If ever.

Yn stood in the doorway. She was adorned in a beautiful champagne wedding dress. It was a shorter dress, showing off just enough of her thighs to make me swallow. Lace adorned her body and the lace became like a second skin when it came to her arms and shoulders. It was elegant and beautiful. Her hair was curled perfectly with a lily adorning it on one side. Her makeup was just done simply but it fit her just right. She was beautiful just the way she was and it highlighted her features.

Yn's eyes matched the smile that rested on her lips. They sparkled as she took one step closer to me.

She was mine.

Yn's POV:

My legs felt like jello. But I kept putting one foot in front of the other. I was going to make it to Jungkook without falling, I told myself. Wouldn't that be embarrassing! It was hard to focus though when the most good looking man was standing a few feet in front of me. He had a normal black tux but with an apple red tie. The way his eyes focused on me when I appeared almost made me come undone.

I've never felt such emotion from someone's eyes.

It was almost as if I couldn't breathe. Everything around me was faded and all the pain that I had been fighting with was gone. This was happening. Tears threatened to emerge.