"Don't make it sound like I am your dog." Omkaara mumbled lowly.

"Aww Omkie ko bura laga?" Gauri teased him as she ruffled his hair.

"Whitey! I told you not to touch my hair."

"At least you called me Whitey. I thought you were going to stick to the hindi version now."

"I am no longer dating Ishaana so I guess I can at least call you whatever I want."

"You'll find someone better."

"The question is do I deserve someone better? I am just a jobless guy who fancies himself self employed." Omkaara slumped on the little bench they had used for their picnics all throughout their lives.

"But you're a jobless guy who is sticking with the future CEO of Janika online fashion store." Gauri threw an arm around him to offer him solace.

"I'll be the co-CEO with you." Omkaara fired back, taking out their kulhad cups that they had brought back from a trip to Bengal.

"That is why I am asking you to stick with me, Om. You'll reach better places if you just stick by me." Gauri used her hand around him to pull him and the tea in his hands closer.

"She thought that I was just putting off marriage because I was secretly in love with you."

Gauri laughed as she plucked the kulhad from his hands to feel some warmth in the bitter cold. "Like you'd ever look at me as your better half."

"Like we would ever be anything but competitive bussiness partners." Omkaara took a sip of the tea to soothe his drying throat.

"We'll make it soon enough Omkaara. Don't worry."

.

"Gauri!" Omkaara called out as he picked up yet another shrug off the floor. Years of living with Gauri later, he still remained the trash picker. "How many times do I have to tell you to keep our apartment clean?"

"Uhh-" The moans from Gauri's room alerted him. Charging towards her room, he opened the door fast, stunned to find a man hovering over her, his lips pressed against her neck.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

Gauri pushed the guy off her in a second, immediately opening her eyes to find a seething Omkaara.

"Om?"

The word pained him. How easy was it to call his name a few seconds after making out with some random guy?

"Scram." He glared at the guy on the floor.

"Bro, I- I didn't know she was in a relationship. She said she was single."

"Get out before I take you out." Omkaara barely completed the words his jaw clenched.

"Omkaara what is wrong with you?" Gauri asked as she finished buttoning up her first two buttons. "I know it's gross to see your best friend with someone but I was in my room. You should have knocked."

"So I am Omkaara now?"

"Are you high? Of course you are Omkaara. Omkaara Singh Oberoi."

"Who was he?" Omkaara huffed instead.

"Arjun something. I didn't tell you because it wasn't serious."

"So you're hooking up with random guys now?"

"What if I am? Don't try to be my Dad, Omkaara. And let me figure out my love life on my own."

"I don't want to." Omkaara remained stubborn.