Chapter 1

LAYING DOWN ON YOUR BED, you sigh. It's unusual for the house to be this quiet. Mom's at work and your brother, Devon, is working on his podcast. You never really spent time with your brother after your dad died. It was more of a simple "Hey." or "How was your day?" kind of relationship.

You get up to go call Jake. You were bored out of your mind, so you at least needed something to do.

You go to Jake's contact in your phone, but before you can call him, he calls you.

"Oh! Hey Jake! I was just about to call you! What's up?"

You ask him as you hear sniffling on the other end.

"Jake?.. What happened. I know you're crying, I can hear it." you chuckle sarcasticly. He never usually cries to you or around you like this so you know something is wrong

"I um. I just need you to come over as soon as possible... please?" he cried more.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there soon." You tell him and he says bye. You gather your things and open the door to your brother's room. "Hey, Dev. I'm going to Jake's. Something is wrong and I don't know what. I'll see you soon, ok?"

He nods and you leave. As you approach Jake's house, you take a deep breathe.

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?" You recognize the voice as your mother's. "Shit." you mutter under your breath.

You turn around slowly and face your mother. "Oh uh, Jake called and he wanted to hang out. Why are you here, Mom?" You return the question back to your mom.

She explained and you knock on Jake's front door, urgently trying to talk to him. Soon, you hear the door open. Jake's standing there with red eyes.

You pull him into a hug, "I'm so sorry.."

your voice broke as you spoke, tears staining your cheeks. He returns the hug, but it's tighter than the hug you're currently giving him. "Ok, (y/n). That's enough. I have to ask him some questions."

You let go before giving a kiss to his forehead, "You'll be okay. I promise." He nods and your mother tells you to go home. Not wanting to get in trouble, you do as your mother says.

~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~

You open the front door to your house and storm up to your room. You drop your stuff and sit in your bed. You groan, loudly. You grab your laptop from your nightstand and open it. You sigh, before hearing a knock at your bedroom door. You mumble a "Come in." and the door opens.