Preface

A young man with a pale face walks swiftly forward. He avoids the street lamps, which leaves his face in shadow. It was a cold dark night in Melbourne. The young man had dark hair and was wearing a coat and top hat. He struts into a nearby shop 'The Balue library.' It was closed for the evening. The shop was filled with old dusty books. With lamps lighting up only a small portion. He makes his way for the back room. The door was closed but light shines through the gaps. The man opens the door. Sitting in a circle were a variety of people. The all look up at him then start to talk again.
" hello" the young man says
"Evening Berwyn" reply's an old man wearing a coat and hat.
"Sorry I'm late" Berwyn says taking the empty seat. "Some drunk men started to follow me"
"I hear that" a squat lady wearing a long red dress and white gloves says. "A young guy said he could have sworn he say me on the other side of the room only moments before"
"Jane!" Berwyn says sharply. "You can't be careless. If you get caught we're all screwed. You know what would happen if people were to discover us."
"Yes Berwyn don't get your knickers in a knot" Jane reply's sharply. "I brought him here telling him he would soon know. I need you to wipe his mind"
Berwyn groaned.
"Jane. I don't have time."
"I can always let him go"
The others laugh at Berwyn's red face. A man stands up.
"Alright settle. The reason I called this meeting is to propose an idea. What if we make a safe space for people like us. People who can do unusual things" He says. "Berwyn hear has agreed to be a headmaster for a school"
"It's a wonderful idea Carl. But a school. The parents will never agree" Jane says standing up.
"Actually Madam" Berwyn says standing up. "If the parents want to stop there kids from getting burnt at the stake, they will comply. I suggest a vote. All in favour rase your hand" Half of the hands rise. Berwyn smiles. "Mejorery is in my favour mam"
"Now that's sorted. Everyone disband" Carl says. With a dip of his hat Berwyn stands up. "Evening ladies and gentlemen" he says standing. "Now where is this young man"