No one could disrespect Quidditch in Asteria's presence, clearly.

The Gryffindor team flew out onto the field, and both James and Asteria lost their minds. They jumped up and down, cheered, applauded. Given their fascination with the team, both had dedicated the past few days on learning the entire roster and their strategy, in preparation for tryouts next year. Though Asteria was apprehensive about joining the team, knowing her mother would be infuriated that a daughter of hers would play such an unladylike sport, Asteria wouldn't let that stop her. Quidditch had been an important part of her upbringing, and she would honor that by trying out.

The Quaffle was thrown into the air, and so the game began.

"Gryffindor Chaser Nico Bell swoops in and catches the Quaffle, passing it to Chaser Jason Thomas, who catches it just barely and immediately passes it back to Bell, who - watch out for the Bludger - narrowly misses a Bludger and scores!" Ian Jordan, who was the newly appointed commentator, yelled into his microphone.

"Hufflepuff Chaser Cooper Smith immediately steals the ball, he's getting closer to Keeper Bilius Weasley but I'm sure Weasley will block it, our Gryffindor keeper is the best one there is - sorry, McGonagall - oh, the ball has been knocked out of Smith's hand by our very own Elliot Wood's Bludger - who, by the way, has been personally selected to train with the Irish National Team - andd Nico Bell back with the Quaffle, he's flying in between players, wow he's talented, and he shoots it right through Hufflepuff Keeper Eric Bones's legs - another score for Gryffindor!"

Asteria was at the edge of the stands, clutching the wood as she followed the game dutifully. Her knuckles turned white every time Hufflepuff scored, but a loud cheer escaped her lips with every Gryffindor point. The only person who could tolerate her screaming was James, who stood right beside her, while the rest were slowly inching backwards - except for Sirius, who liked Quidditch enough to watch the game but not enough to make a whole sign.

"Seekers Bailey and Macmillan go head to head," Ian Jordan continued, "as they both see the Snitch! Bailey, who only became the Hufflepuff Seeker this year, is no match for Macmillan, who's been on the team for two years already. She - like the rest of our team - is said to be one of the best Seekers yet, not to mention quite attractive, but still won't go to Hogsmeade with me - oh right, the game, sorry McGonagall - Bailey reaches out his hand - it's in his grasp - Wood comes in again with another Bludger, knocks Bailey away - Macmillan's close - so close -"

The entire field held their breaths, awaiting the final result-

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Once again, the stands erupted in applause, members of Hufflepuff cheering along as well. Most of them were just there for the ride, not really caring who won the game. Unlike Asteria and James, who were jumping up and down screaming, "We won!" over and over again.

"At this rate we'll win the Quidditch Cup!" Asteria exclaimed, beaming. Her mood wasn't even soured by Mary and Dorcas's bored expressions or Lily's general disinterest in the game. Marlene, however, was grinning, and as was Sirius. They joined Asteria and James in their celebration of the victory, talking about the incredible way the players flew through the air all the way back to the dorms. The remainder of their friends trailed behind them, mostly giggling at the immense level of seriousness that Asteria and James took in the game.

"Merlin, that was amazing!" Asteria breathed as she sprawled out onto a couch the moment she entered the common room. "One day, that'll be me up there. I hope to follow in Wood's path. He's fantastic, you know? If a National Team wants you, that's how you know you're good."

At this point, Asteria was mostly rambling to herself. Mary had retreated to the dormitory, having had enough of people to last her a lifetime; Marlene and Dorcas disappeared wherever it was the two went together all the time - they were practically attached by the hips. That left Asteria with Lily, alone with the boys.