Abuse: Part 2

I decided to make another chapter to continue the story, I had an idea to do another chapter. So here it is....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raine's POV

I gazed out of the window at all the girls playing Hide & Seek and the boys playing football, I sighed and rested my head on my knees. No-one wanted to be my friend, they had made it clear - the boys. They were the worst. They kicked the ball at me, pushed me into the mud and mocked me continously - I felt so alone. The staff didn't even help, they encouraged me to 'make friends and play' but I tried millions of times, only to be hurt. The girls had gave me weird looks and talked about me behind my back, one girl was the worst. Her name was Cindy, she was chubby with a stub nose - she had brown mouse hair and thin pink lips; she was a bully. She poked and prodded me and twisted my skin, leaving me with stinging, pink marks on my tummy - once she pushed me down the stairs, I had to lie and say I had tripped or she would hurt me more. I looked out the window again and this time Cindy was pointing at me while talking to the other girls, I gasped and shifted away from the window. I held my breath and dared to take one more look, I caught a glimpse of a girl running inside - I jumped under the duvet and faced away from the doors, I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping that they weren't coming for me. I heard doors opening and closing, getting louder and louder. They were coming.

"She's in the room." Cindy's voice was muffled but I could still make it out, then everything was quiet. I waited a few minutes, I finally thought they had given up so I sat up. The door suddenly swung open and I jumped, falling backwards onto floor, my head smashed against it and burned with pain.

"Raine, Raine. Go away, never come back again." Cindy taunted with her own rendition of the nursery rhyme, I tried to get up but it made me dizzy. "Get up!" She spat. I tried again, this time everything went blurry - my breath caught in my throat.

"I-I can't." I managed to get out.

"Yes you can." She hauled me up, she was the biggest and strongest, I swayed back and forth. "Is that your pathetic excuse of dancing?" She grabbed my skin and pinched it, I screamed. She clamped a clammy hand over my mouth.

"Shut up, they'll hear you." She hissed, I felt drowsy. She let go of me and I fell to the ground, my eyes fell closed. The last thing I heard was an eye-piercing scream.

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open, I adjusted to my surroundings. It smelt like hand sanitizer, I tried to look around the room but when I moved my head and pang of pain vibrated through my head. From what I could see, the room was painted a pale green and I was alone - I heard footsteps and a head popped into my line of view, bright blue eyes and long blonde wavy hair. She seemed very young, in her early-20s.

"Oh poppy, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts." I moaned, I rubbed my head - I felt a rough fabric. Bandage. "What happened?" She started unwrapping the bandage, she opened a cabinet and brought on a packaging of something.

"I have no idea, love. The only thing I know is that your head has a 2nd degree injury." She re-wrapped my head.

"Where is everyone?"

"You mean your little friends? They'll be round later with the staff. I'll be back to keep up on you later, feel better babe." And on that note she left, I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is she okay?"

"Do you think she's dead?"

"'Course she's not dead!" I hadn't opened my eyes but I could hear voices.

"Shut up." I mumbled, turning on my side.

"Did you hear that?"

"I did!" Slowly, I opened my eyes. Derek and Cindy were standing over my head.

"Hey Raine." Derek grinned, Cindy only grunted.

"Hi Derek." I gave a weak smile, I had to admit I had a little crush on him, his dirty blonde hair hung shaggily over his eyed, his brown chocolate eyes melted in yours.

"How are you feeling?"

"Not good, my head hurts so bad."

"I hope you feel better, I bought you this."

"We bought you this." Cindy snapped.

"Well, I paid for it with the money my Mum sent to me."

"We agreed we'd say it was ours-" I gently plucked the small gift bag from his hand and looked inside, I pulled out a pair of diamond earrings.

"They're lovely, thank you." I leaned over the bed to hug him, he awkwardly hugged me back.

"You're welcome," Derek gave me a dazzling smile, "I have to go now, I'll see you later." He ran out quickly. Cindy was suddenly next to me, her mouth by my ear.

"You say anything about what happened and I'll give you a 10th degree head injury, you get me?" I nodded, obediently though it sent another wave of pain over me.

"Good, get well soon." She smirked and briskly walked out of the room. I turned on my side and went to sleep again.

                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days were filled with more visits from the kids from the care home, I only felt content when Derek was here, sometimes he came by himself and we talked and laughed. Other times he came with Cindy and didn't say much to me.

Eventually I was admitted back home but I had to be watched carefully, I spent my time watching movies and playing video games in my room, Derek only talked to me when we were alone.

 2 weeks later, my head healed up and I was free of the bandage. I took walks outside to free my mind more and sometimes I would meet Derek playing football outside, if not I would sit on the bench and watch them play. At first, the boys scowled and made faces at me, but soon they didn't mind. Soon they all actually talked to me so Derek could talk to me when he liked, we usually hung out in my room and watched movies. One day, he said something weird.

"Can I ask you something, Raine?"

"Yeah, why not?" I smiled at him, warmly.

"Do you want to go out with me?" My mouth hung open in disbelief, he looked at me weirdly. "I didn't think so."

"No, no, no. I would love to." I shifted next to him and gave him a hug, he pulled away from me and planted his lips on mine.

After that, we were going out. First, the other kids thought it was weird and ignored us but then everyone opened up and soon everyone in the care home had a boyfriend or girlfriend. Apart from Cindy, no-one wanted to go out with her - the girls were occupied with the boyfriends and all the boys were taken and usually played football or hung out with their girlfriends.

She usually stayed cooped up in her room, doing God knows what - eventually Derek and I got married, we were the only ones who were serious with our relationship. We had twin girls, Tessa and Temi - in remembrance of the sister I didn't save. We lived in a small bungalow for the rest of our lives but we  enjoyed it.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story is 2 chapters long so it's still short, thanks for all of you who came back to read this far. Love you and thanks, more stories are on their way so keep an eye out. :D

~LR xox