Chapter 14

It was like a game of Clue, really. A murder-mystery with however many suspects there are in the board game, only difference between the game and what happened was that there was no mystery, and there were no multiple suspects - I was the only one.

It all started when I received an invitation in the mail to a party that the Uries were hosting.

"A party?" Elisa inquired as she read the invite over my shoulder, "What for?"

"Doesn't say," I replied to her, scanning the invite over for a reason, even flipping it front and back for good measure, "Just says they're having a party and we're invited."

"I wonder who else is invited..." My wife thought aloud before walking away from me and starting to prepare dinner. "Are we going to go?" She inquired.

"I don't see why we can't," I set the invitation, along with the other pieces of mail, down on the counter, walking over and joining her side, "I mean, it's not like I didn't party every night on our Boys Of Zummer tour," I joked. Elisa gave me a suspicious look. I laughed nervously and kissed her on the cheek, "I'm joking, I'm joking..."

The night of the party arrived. Declan was with Elisa's mom already and we were preparing to leave for Brendon's place. I was waiting by the door, checking my watch for the fifth time. "Come on, Elisa! We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She shouted back before appearing at the top of the stairs, wearing something I don't think I'd ever seen her in. It was a black skin-tight dress that shimmered in the incandescent lights that gave her some sort of spotlight. Her hair was clipped back nicely and her makeup was a little darker than normal. But regardless, she looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Holy smokes," I muttered under my breath.

Elisa giggled before making her way down the stairs. She approached me and smiled, "What do you think?" She slipped her arms around my back and pulled us closer.

"I-I think you look..." I scanned her body up and down, "You look amazing."

She gave me a quick kiss on the lips and nodded towards the door, "Let's get going. We're going to be late."

So we did. We got in the car and drove over to Brendon's house, which was bursting at the seams with people from all different bands. It would probably be a pop rock/punk band fan girl's dream to go to a party like this. With people in attendance including the remaining three-fourths of Fall Out Boy, all the members of Panic! At The Disco, current or past, everyone from the former band My Chemical Romance, Paramore, All Time Low, Twenty-One Pilots, Blink-182, Pierce The Veil, Green Day, Sleeping With Sirens, Bring Me The Horizon, and a couple of others.

Elisa and I squeezed our way into the house and were immediately greeted by the hosts of the party.

"Patrick! Elisa! So glad you could make it!" Brendon exclaimed over the loud music and conversations, pulling me into a quick hug before giving one to Elisa. The two of them held their hug for a little longer.

"We were wondering when you were going to show up," Sarah tacked on, giving me a long, tight hug. Sarah was also dressed a little provocatively, like Elisa.

"Yeah, sorry, we were just-" I glanced over to look at my wife, but she had disappeared, along with Brendon. I didn't really give a second thought to it and looked back at Sarah, continuing, "We were just running a little late."

"It's okay, you're here now and that's all that matters." She wrapped her arm around my back and guided me into the kitchen, where Pete, Joe, Hayley Williams, and Mikey Way were hanging out. They all had matching red solo cups in their hands. "Look who finally showed up!" Sarah exclaimed, attracting the people in the kitchen's attention.

"Patrick!" Pete shouted, his intoxication starting to slowly show as he stumbled over to me, "About time you got here! We've been waiting for you forever!"

"I really-" I began to explain when Hayley shoved a red solo cup at me.

"Here. Drink this."

"Th-Thanks," I stuttered, taking the plastic cup into my possession out of politeness. I wasn't really in the mood for drinking.

"Come on, Patrick, take a sip," Sarah urged me, elbowing me gently in the arm.

"Yeah, Patrick, take a sip!" Mikey encouraged, a smile on his face as he took a sip of his own drink.

Soon enough, the group of five began chanting "Take a sip!" and succumbing to the peer pressure, I did.

One sip became a whole drink, a whole drink multiplied into five, and added to those five were countless shots and even that thing where you're upside down and someone holds your legs up while you chug beer from a keg. Words like "buzzed" and "wasted" didn't even begin to describe how drunk people were at this party, including me.

I barely remember what happened that night, and that didn't help me in court, but I do remember sneaking upstairs with Sarah at one point in the night. In the bedroom she had taken me to, the door closed, she began stripping off articles of clothing, one by one, teasing me before we slipped into bed together. Of course it meant nothing, it happened out of pure drunkenness. If I was thinking straight, remembering I had a wife and son, I would've never done something like I did that night.

The next morning, I woke in bed to the sound of my front door being kicked down. I sat upright in bed, scaring Elisa who was asleep beside me awake, and the policemen barged into our bedroom, dragging me out of the bed and pinioning my hands behind my back.

"What's going on?" Elisa asked the figures of authority worriedly, her eyes rapidly shifting from me to the officers then back to me.

"Patrick Stump is under the arrest for the murder of Sarah Urie," The policeman who stood by the door with his gun aimed at me replied.

"Excuse me?" I glanced over my shoulder to best of my ability.

"Oh don't play that 'I didn't do it' card," The policeman who had my hands pinioned behind my back growled at me, pulling out handcuffs and locking my wrists together. "You know what you did."

"No I-"

"You have the right to remain silent," He began to reiterate the Miranda rights to me. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my wife who was staring at me with wide eyes. The policeman pulled me up to my feet and pushed me out of the room, guiding me down the stairs and out of the house. They assisted me into the police car and soon drove off.

Days passed where I sat in holding, waiting for my trial. The trial day came and eye witness after eye witness gave testimony to seeing me with Sarah all night.

"He was the only one with her and she was the only one with him," Alex Gaskarth told the court.

"They were all over each other," Travis McCoy added, "Like, I mean all over each other. She was on his lap, he was wrapping his arm around her...which was weird because they're both married. But I didn't see Brendon or Elisa around."

"I saw Sarah and Pat go upstairs at one point in the night," Josh Dun had claimed, "I just remember seeing Sarah leading him upstairs. I don't know what happened after that, though."

There were a few others too, all further proving I was the lead suspect in Sarah's murder.

But I didn't even know she was murdered. Last time I recalled, Sarah was alive and well and begging me not to leave at three in the morning when I insisted I needed to go.

Other evidence, aside from the eye witness accounts, used against me was my DNA was all over the crime scene - the bedroom. My DNA was on her, in her, on the bed sheets, on the doorknobs...

I had no alibi, so the only option for me really was to be found guilty. So I was charged with voluntary manslaughter, my sentence - up to ten years.