༉‧₊˚. 𝟶𝟸

Start from the beginning

   Better late than never she casually strutted into a rather mundane room, her first class of the day to no surprise was taught by Mystic Falls' favourite, none other than Alaric Saltzman. To her luck, Rebekah too had arrived at that moment correcting a statement their teacher had made regarding the Viking settlers, to which he was quick to begin to refute. She silently made her way through the rows of seats, sitting herself down on the only other empty chair behind none other than original Barbie herself.

   Letting out a small faux yawn, the blonde raised her hand up in the air, "Yes, new girl," called out the teacher pointing at the seat behind Rebekah. She nodded as a sign of respect to which her retracted his finger as she began continuing on with a correction of her own, "I distinctly remember reading somewhere that the Vikings had settled in America at that time, there were some caves I believe in this very town, if you haven't seem them yet, you will soon," she spoke ominously.

   Rebekah turned her head to face the new girl a look of recognition of some sort i  her eyes, faint memories flooding back to her. On the other hand Alaric narrowed his eyes with curiosity at the girl, "What's your name?" "Alexia, Alexia Steele," she spoke confidently, her English accent showing through. "Well Ms. Steele, I've yet to come across any such cave, I think you've got your information a little mixed up," he laughed off nervously, he could sense there was something off about her story, like there was something true to it.

   The topic then droned off into pointless bits of information she had already known previously, needless to say she was in disbelief that this was the reality Rebekah had chosen, a glorified prison. She was the first one out of the door having no desire to further explain what she meant early on in the class to her teacher who had stolen multiple glances at her full of suspicion throughout the class.

   Escaping the grasps of a human teacher was easy, an original? Not so much. She wasn't surprised to find herself pushed up against a random locker by the neck by her dear old friend. "How exactly do you know about the caves, Alexia?" she spoke with fear, uncertainty. With a small smile she removed the original's grip on her neck, crossing her arms and leaned against the lockers, her small grin intact, "I heard a little whisper."

   Rebekah backed up a bit in realization, "You're a vampire....Why are you here?" "I've heard this town is loads of fun, here to visit an old friend, sort of. But after that first class we had, I'm not so sure. Is that walking old bat really a school favourite?" she mused, "Any who, I heard that there's a cheerleading practice going on in a bit."

   The original raised an eyebrow, "What does that have got to do with me?" "I do believe the only reason an original such as yourself would be in a high school as shite as this would be because you enjoy such mundane activities, do you not?" she said knowingly. Rebekah narrowed her eyes at the girl, "If it's so mundane why are you doing it?" "I'm not, I'll just watch as a bunch of hormonal teenage girls galivanting about the grass in short yoga pants doing shitty tricks and occasionally failing to do them. Obviously." Without uttering another word Alexia walked off leaving an amused original in her wake.

   Later on in the day Alexia had found her way to wherever the cheerleading practice was being held with a bag of popcorn in her hands. She waved excessively once she spotted the original who stood in the lineup of girls wearing skin-tight cotton shores, she merely glared at the girl as she whispered under her breath, "Did you really just bring popcorn to my cheer practice?"

   At that Alexia let out a small chuckle as she begun munching on the popcorn louder, Rebekah arching herself back reaching for the grass. Said stretch, was soon interrupted by one of the other cheer leaders who glowered at the original, "What're you doing?" she snapped at her. The original continued on with her stretch, unbothered. "HEY. HEY!" the girl clapped again, this time drawing her attention, "You can't just come here and infiltrate all our lives."

   Rebekah placed her hands on her hips  giving the blonde her undivided attention, "I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity," she paused as she glanced at the girl's boyfriend, Tyler who was toying with his latest hybrid gifts across the field, "Maybe even your boyfriend," she smirked, her eyes glinting with determination. Alexia's head flew back in the distance, unable to contain her laughter as she walked towards Rebekah, clapping her hands together as Caroline stalked off to lecture her boyfriend about overdoing it with his newfound abilities, "That was wicked! Now I see why you find high school so entertaining."

   Rebekah rolled her eyes but her smile stayed on her face, this strange woman was growing on her. Alexia then returned to her cozy little spot on the grass where her crossed legs had been imprinted from before, continuing to munch on her popcorn as she watched Rebekah use her enhanced agility to do backhand springs, backflips and mid-air somersaults, showoff. She took notice of across the field as to how Caroline was pissed off at her boyfriends admiration of the originals skills, to which she shoved even more popcorn into her mouth comically as Rebekah sent Caroline a triumphant wink from across the field.

◄▬▬▬▬▬ ✧ ▬▬▬▬▬►

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡'🅢 🅝🅞🅣🅔
i have come to the conclusion that my former writing was terrible. lmao why did Rebekah just suddenly become friends with the protagonist so easily, like STOP. anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment it always helps me so much.