SSS-Level : Bye! (pt. 2)

Start bij het begin

Nobody had died.

As for the unranked monster, it had lost its eyes and poisonous fangs before it had escaped with numerous injuries on its body.

He had no idea as to what would happen from here on, but this situation should have been enough for some cheering or joy in the shelter.

But even the people who had been happy quickly lost their smiles after seeing Commander Kim Rok Soo's condition.

Choi Jung Soo could understand how they were feeling.

'They can't smile after seeing him looking so terrible.'

Kim Rok Soo must have been telling the truth about being in less pain as his body wasn't shaking as much and he was no longer coughing up blood.

Choi Jung Soo was relieved at that. He was relieved that it seemed as if Cale would not die, but...

"...My goodness."

Choi Jung Soo quickly realized that Cale's condition that made him feel relief was still an extremely critical condition based on the astonished gasps of the people around him.

Choi Jung Soo just clenched the pillar of the bed tighter.

'I couldn't do anything.'

All he could do was stand by Kim Rok Soo. He could not fight properly like the others.

That fact was weighing heavily on Choi Jung Soo's mind.

"Hey, Jung Soo."

He heard Lee Soo Hyuk's voice at that moment.

"Thank you for being by Rok Soo's side."

+

Choi Han was silently thanking Choi Jung Soo as well, for being by Cale's side, and thanking Lee Soo Hyuk for saying that to Jung Soo.

+

Choi Jung Soo made eye contact with Lee Soo Hyuk. After looking into his eyes, he could tell that Lee Soo Hyuk said that because he had realized what he was thinking.

Although Choi Jung Soo had not chatted much with Lee Soo Hyuk before this, he oddly felt that Lee Soo Hyuk's unexpected consoling was not foreign and he was thankful for it.

Lee Soo Hyuk smiled back after seeing the faint smile on Choi Jung Soo's face and slowly looked away.

All sorts of emotions seeped inside him through the chaotic silence inside the shelter.

The question that had been on his mind until not too long ago...

What would change because he kept fighting like this?

It had been a question that arose from the sorrows of fatigue.

But that question had disappeared after seeing his Commander's battle today.

No, he had forgotten about the question after seeing the people of this shelter fight with desperation today.

'I was full of desperation as well.'

Lee Soo Hyuk had just fought while forgetting about his questions and concerns. He recalled how he had gone up against that monster in order to survive and to save others.

He then made up his mind.

'Keep doing this.'

He would continue to fight, move forward, and run wild in this world that had become a mess because of these annoying monsters.