Social recluse introduction

So I decided to start the story...

Rose's P.O.V

"Social recluse? Is that what they call me?" I say to myself as I read my electronic news."seems so ma'am" S.A.S.S (super awesome sassy system) tells me.

Did I mention I was a genius?

"Cross reference anything with social recluse and my name in them" I order the A.I "and bring me some coffee" I continue and then look down at my work "and now for you" I say to no one in particular, but to something. I work on it and tweak some things, by the time I was finished I had my coffee in my hand. I stood up "done! Now would you do me a favour and put this with the others" I ordered "and where are we with the cross reference?" I ask "finished ma'am"."Put it on the tablet then" I order "done ma'am" "good" I say, picking up my homemade Howlett international tablet to read the articles.

Oh did I say genius? My mistake I meant a rich,company owning genius.

I sat down at my desk and start to read the articles:

"Howlett climbs the charts, but still can't beat Stark at the technology game" hmm, seems interesting enough.

That was soooooooooooo boring. I can't believe I read the whole thing. Next!

"The social recluse of technology would probably be more successful if she went out more"

I go out! At least when Jim forces me to. Well let's just see their point here.

Worst. Article. Ever. Only one good thing about it:

"Sure she (Howlett) isn't very social, but if you're lucky enough to get to know her, she's one heck of a comedian. I don't know how many times she's made me laugh"- Charles Xavier, owns and runs Xavier's school for the gifted.

Ah good old Charles, always having something nice to say.

"Ma'am, mister Rhodes is at the door" the A.I informs me."At this hour?" I whisper to myself as I walk upstairs and to the door. God the lights are so bright up here I thought before opening the door.

There, standing on my front step like a lost puppy was Jim 'Rhodey' Rhodes himself, holding some balloons in one hand and a bag in the other.

"Why are you here so early? It's like one in the morning! And where's the party?" I ask him confused."umm Rose? It's noon and the party is here. It's your birthday"

I spit-take."Today! Oh god Rhodey I forgot!" I exclaim. I then realize that I had been in the lab, without sleep, for about three days, living of my coffee and the food I was forced to eat by the man in front of me. "You forgot. You forgot your own birthday." "Seems so. Now will you help me plan?" I say while walking away from the door, gesturing for him to follow. He does "and she calls herself a genius" he mutters extremely softly, but I can hear him clear as day. "Why yes Rhodey I do, probably because I am one" I retort sharply, turning around to glare at him.

"Why must my best-friend have extremely heightened senses!" He rants. "Perhaps it is so I can catch my best friends witty remarks" I respond and he chuckles.

We walk downstairs and into the lab. "Were you down here, working on your suits for three days, without sleep, again!" Rhodey exclaims like a disappointed parent, looking at the empty coffee cups littered around the whole room. I roll my eyes. "No, in fact I was down here for three days, without food, making a new suit." I correct him. "I could still make you one if you want. Stark has a sidekick, why not me? I want a war machine! I mean, who wouldn't want one?" I said bending down to pick up a pencil.

Rhodey's jaw drops and I mentally face palm myself.

Great job Rose, you've done a good job keeping this from him, but then he finds out Over. A. Pencil!

"W-where did you g-get that?" Rhodey asked shakily pointing at my chest.

"I made it, you genius" I respond, shaking my head in famed disappointment. "Wha? How? He began to ask. "Sit down. I gotta story to tell ya" I say, my canadian accent shining through as I gesture to a chair. "You want the long version, or the short version?" "Is there one in between?" He asks sitting down. "Sure why not?" I sigh out.

"Before I start though, I'll just remind you, this isn't a happy story"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/n: yay! First part up! Next chapter is gonna be a certain genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist's point of view.