SSS-Level : Before the sun comes up (pt. 1)

Comenzar desde el principio

Kang Il-Rae, who was next to Jo Min Yeh, was keeping his mouth shut as he glared at Cale with a piercing gaze.

Cale looked around before continuing to speak.

"I guess I will stop there."

Cale was standing at the center of the platform.

He looked down on them before then starting to speak.

"I'm sure that not everybody here feels the same way as I do. Some of you probably just came for information and there may be some of you who will fight with us here in Seomyeon, but many of you likely do not wish to do so."

'Why should I fight with them to kill an unranked monster in Seomyeon? Why do I need to do that? It's hard enough for me to survive. It's hard enough to care for our people.'

There were many thoughts going through people's mind even without Cale having to say so.

Everybody was aware of that fact.

But the atmosphere inside the auditorium quickly changed.

"I will now make a prophecy."

Prophecy.

That magical word caught people's attention.

"The future."

Cale wasn't actually making a prophecy; he was just telling them the things he experienced.

"Population will start to expand once more through these new central shelters and people will start to create a social system once again."

Some people nodded their heads.

These were the people who had recognized the defensive strength and expansive capabilities of the new central shelters.

"Furthermore, ability users will develop their abilities even more. Beyond that, there is data."

Cale gently continued to speak with a smile on his face.

"We will gain data by facing these monsters and we will be able to hunt monsters with a sense of organization."

The people who had felt chills at Cale's ability just now were starting to look better.

"When that happens, people will start to expand our territory once again; similar to what our ancestors had done, starting from the area around this shelter."

More people were now nodding their heads.

That seemed to be what they want in the future as well.

"The destroyed environment will slowly start to return to normal."

Cale stopped after saying that.

He needed to lead as many people, if not all of them, there.

The selfish people, the greedy people, even they needed to come.

He needed all of them to experience taking down an unranked monster.

That was the only way to give them the data to survive the uncertain future.

Because of that...

Cale continued to speak with a smile on his face.

"Half of you here will die in order for us to get to that point."

Silence filled the auditorium and it felt as if it had suddenly gotten many degrees colder.

Cale still had a smile on his face as he continued to speak.