18: Getting Settled In

Start from the beginning

"Hey soldato biondo, you're dead." The claim from Nico made Steve confused, so he looked down and saw that the card "Nemesis' Chariot", which dealt 1000 damage, "Nike's Nikia", which dealt 2500 damage, and a "Spirits of the Fields of Damnation" card, which deals as much damage as the number of life points sacrificed.

To simplify, Steve lost. By 1000 points. "Okay, you're definitely a pro. Beating me in 5 turns?" Said Steve, pouting and cleaning up the setup. Nico gave him a small smile and gave him Bucky's deck. "Thanks for letting me use this, by the way. It's a really good deck."

"Glad to hear my friend's deck's still considered good." Said Steve, carefully taking the deck from Nico. "Neeks? You still play?" Asked Percy, who just entered with Clint, Bruce, and Grover.

"Really? I didn't notice." Said Nico sarcastically. Percy rolled his eyes before adjusting his plaid button-up and sitting on a nearby beanbag, Grover sitting on the floor, and Bruce and Clint sitting in their respective chairs.

"Well, where are the girls?" Asked Clint, glancing at the door. "I think Nat's ordering food from that Indian place and Annabeth's with her." Said Tony, fishing out his phone from his back pocket.

"Well, what do you guys wanna do while they're not here yet?" Asked Percy, leaning forward. "21 questions?" Suggested Bruce, making the teenagers groan.

"It's like the Aphrodite cabin at the campfire all over again." Groaned Percy in Greek. "What about Aphrodite?" Asked Steve, glancing up from Tony's phone, making Nico look at him weirdly. "You understand Greek?"

"No, but I heard the name Aphrodite and got curious." Admitted Steve. The teenagers sighed with relief in unison. "Hey, you guys." Greeted Annabeth, sitting in between Grover and Percy.

The boys in the room all greeted the last pair. Now they all just sat there in awkward silence, waiting for the food.

"So... Anything you guys wanna do while we wait?" Asked Bruce after a few minutes, tired of the silence. "Oh thank Tyche someone said it." Blurted out Percy, making the people in the room chuckle. "Well, we can play Truth or Dare?" Suggested Steve, eyeing the teenagers in case of negative reactions.

"Yeah sure, what's the harm?" Jason said, shrugging. The rest of the group agreed, so they got into a roughly-shaped circle and decided on who to start.

Basic rules they laid out, no demigod can choose a fellow demigod and vice versa. Whoever you choose goes next. You can't get chosen twice in a row. For example, Jason chose Steve so Jason can't be chosen again.

"Okay, Clint? Arrow guy, truth or dare?" Asked Annabeth. "It's Clint and I choose dare." Annabeth smirked, which made Clint slightly nervous. "I dare you, to eat a whole chili pepper and drink nothing until the next person is done."

"Oh no." Groaned Clint, standing up and heading to the kitchen area. "Does he not handle spice well?" Asked Percy, slightly intrigued. "Oh, he's terrible. He can't handle Sriracha."

The group chuckles before hearing choking noises coming from the kitchen and seeing a slightly red Clint. "I fucking hate this." He choked out, sitting back down.

"Percy, truth, dare?" He asked, licking his lips. Percy made a whole show of thinking about it, making Clint glare at him. "Hmmm. Truth sounds nice."

"Are you dating anyone?" Clint said, wiping the droplets of sweat forming on his forehead. "Yeah, and it's Annabeth." Percy said proudly, slinging an arm around Annabeth.

"Yes! Finally!" Yelled Clint, bolting to the kitchen, making the group laugh. "That was great." Said Nat, smirking.

"How long have you guys been together?" Asked Tony, leaning forward, ever the gossiper.