XLIII. Chaeng's Love made Visible.

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her as she moved the chair for me, still a gentlewoman I see.

Me: Thanks.

She then went at the kitchen and came back a few seconds later carrying two covered dishes that she put both in front of me. She briefly smiled at me and went to the kitchen. She came back with another two covered dishes. She then sat down and looked at me.

Chaeng: Please do the honor of opening those two, I'd open these. At the count of three, okay?

This was somewhat exciting. It's been years since the last time she cooked for me. She then counted and we both opened it with both of our hands.

As soon as I opened it, the aroma attacked me. No wonder why it smelled familiar.

Me: Is this?...

Chaeng: Yes and No.

These were dishes that looked exactly the same as what we ate at my favorite restaurant.Or was it from there. It's actually 4 out of the 6 varieties of dishes that we had before.

I was confused at her answer.

Chaeng: Yes those are what you think they are. But No, I did not order it. I made it. I learned how to cook that for like a month. I hope you'll like it.

She made this? She made an effort to learn how to cook this? Why?

Me: Wow, that's... that's great. It look exactly the same and the smell too.

Chaeng: And I hope it does taste the same as well. You'd be the judge to that. Shall we dig in?

I noded. She the stood and went to the side of the table and started to fill in my plate each of the dishes. She then fill in hers. I waited til she's done before I had my first bite.

As soon as the food touches my mouth. the taste overflows my senses. I looked at her wide eyed. She was now laughing while holding her phone, clearly recording a video.

Me: Wow, Chaeng. It taste the same. I'm not kidding.

I took a bite of the others and it all taste the same too. I looked at her who's still had her phone on me. I blocked it with my hand and she stopped it immediately.

Me: Seriously this is so good. It's like I can picture that I'm at the restaurant right now. Did you really cooked this.

Chaeng: I knew you're going to say that. Here, watch this.

She handed me her phone. It was a video of her at the kitchen cooking. I fast forward it til she was done cooking and putting it on the plate.

Me: Wow. That's amazing Chaeng. You can already put up a restaurant.

Chaeng: I might someday. You'll endorse it if ever right?

Me: I'd taste the menu first. Oh and I'll only agree if I'll have a free dinner meal once every month.

Chaeng: That's a deal then.

We laughed. She stood and took the wine out showed me the label and poured some on my glass. It was the same wine we had.

Chaeng: Good thing the wine store have this.

Me: It's been a while since I had this.

I said after taking a sip.

Me: I remember when you first had these, I think you had the same reaction as me.