Chapter Seven

George jumped at the loud, abrupt knocking at the door. "Be there in a second!" He shouted from the stairs.

Moments later, he swung open the door and there stood Sapnap, whose figure was illuminated only by the porch light. "Are you coming to watch the movie with us? Asher's been talking about it nonstop."

George's eyes widened. It had completely slipped his mind. "I have to find Ari and ask if I can."

Sapnap nodded and lowered his gaze to the ground. George turned to leave, but felt bad for not inviting Sapnap in. "You can follow me, if you want. Ari would love to meet you."

Sapnap's head perked up at this, and he felt a bit better. The two raced up to Ari's room, where they found them painting at their desk. "What's up Geor- oh! There's two of you." They said, setting their brush aside.

"Yeah, this is Sapnap. We were wondering if I can go watch a movie at his house?" George gestured to his friend.

"Hell yeah. I can give you guys some popcorn and candy, if you want it."

"Yes please!" Sapnap grinned.

The boys left the house with a bag of popcorn kernels and various bags of candy. Sapnap opened his front door to Asher eagerly waiting at the table. "Did you get him?" He asked, bouncing with excitement.

George peeked out from behind Sapnap and waved. Before he knew it, a small pair of arms wrapped around his waist. Asher stared up at him with a huge grin. "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Yeah," George mumbled, reluctantly patting his shoulder.

"Hey Ash, do you mind popping this for us?" Sapnap handed him the bag of kernels.

Leaving Asher in the kitchen, Sapnap invited George into the living room. "You can sit on the couch, I'll be back," Sapnap said over his shoulder as he climbed the stairs.

He came back down moments later to find George on the floor instead of the couch. "That's not what I said," He laughed. "Come on, sit up here. It'll be more comfortable."

George shook his head, but Sapnap insisted until he gave in. He reluctantly squished himself against the arm of the couch to put space between him and where Sapnap would sit. "What kind of movie are we watching?" He asked, shifting around to get comfortable.

"It's a horror movie. Asher keeps begging me to watch one, but I didn't think he was old enough. He finally convinced me to watch it with him," Sapnap chuckled. He tossed a soft, grey blanket at George and set a smaller, plaid one at the other end of the couch.

George's heart dropped. He despised horror movies, even though he'd only seen one. Ari thought it would be a good idea to show him one when he was eight, and he kept the lights on for a week afterwards. He couldn't back out now though, not after he saw how excited Asher was.

He ultimately decided to suck it up and deal with it. "I can use the blanket to cover my eyes," He thought, and pulled the blanket up. He assumed the other blanket was Sapnap's, so he was confused when Sapnap stole half of his.

"Isn't that one yours?" He pointed to the plaid blanket.

Sapnap shook his head. "That's Asher's favorite. I figured we could share this one."

George wanted to protest because of how little space there was between them, but Asher ran in with a bowl of popcorn and a few drinks balanced between his arms.

"I got you guys drinks!" He grinned and handed them out. As he took his spot on the couch, a small grey and white cat jumped up beside him.

"You have a cat?" George cooed, quickly forgetting about the small space situation. He reached over to pet it. The small creature sniffed his hand, then butted its head against it.