He turned around, ready to walk off but he stopped in his tracks when he heard that all too familiar voice.

"Oh cool they're doing the thing happy surprise buddy!"

Nendou walked up to the group straight past Saiki. He was about to walk through the gate but he stopped, turning his head around to come face to face with the real Saiki.

"Why are there two buddies?" He asked out loud.

Saiki's face was filled with dread, one of his glasses lenses cracked as he let out a choked "S-surprise-"

"What's going on here?" Nendou stood in shock. He rubbed his eyes and looked back at where the boy had previously stood only to met with a mirror which reflected the image of the false Saiki talking to Kaidou and Aren.

"Oh a mirror!" He didn't question it any further and walked up to the group with his gift, a watermelon, and greeted them "Hey birthday boy!"

"I'm so glad he's dumb." The real Saiki thought, stood behind the mirror. He was completely unaware of a certain girl who had watched the entire situation.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Laughter emitted from the room that held the group. Saiki's father was delighted to know that his son's friend's would plan a surprise party for his birthday.

Unfortunately, it wasn't for him at all. He was still blissfully ignorant to the truth that they were there for Kusuo.

While they were all busy chatting y/n walked up to the supposed Saiki, "Hey Saiki, do you mind telling me where the bathroom is?"

"Oh go upstairs and turn right." Kuniharu replied as he watched the girl walk off. "Huh I've never seen her before." He thought to himself.

When Saiki had heard the thought he brushed it off as his dad thinking about Chiyo or Yumehara. What he didn't expect was a certain h/c haired girl finding him sat down on the floor upstairs.

He stared directly at her, eyes wide and body frozen. How was he going to explain this to her?

A million thoughts flooded his mind, trying to find the perfect escape or excuse but he failed. It was especially difficult to come up with an excuse with her intimidating nature. Her eyes shone directly upon him which added even more pressure to think of something, anything!

But he stayed silent.

After what felt like years of agonising silence y/n stepped towards him. The floorboards under her feet creaked silently, the noise rang in Saiki's ears as all other sounds around him went deaf.

"Kusuo."

The sudden use of his first name caused him to blush.

"I finally found you." Y/n dropped her bag with a small thump and sat down next to the boy who, at this point, had lost all composure.

"That was a very realistic costume your father had on."

Was she serious? Saiki gulped, sweat trickled down his face. How did she know it wasn't him? That painful feeling in his gut wouldn't go away.

"Wondering how I knew it wasn't you are we?" Y/n giggles before continuing, "I have a very keen nose. Don't think I didn't notice the difference. And besides, your personality was completely different and there was that unfamiliar glint within your eyes. Wouldn't I know if a new spot suddenly appeared on one of my puppies fur?"

Saiki stared at her as she smirked at him. He wasn't sure if he wanted to run away or stay with her.

He watched as she turned away, her clothes rustling. When she turned back to face him she had a small box in her hand.

"Here, this is my gift for you." She held out her open hand and looked at him expectedly, "Paw." She demanded.

Saiki's hand snapped into the same position instantly on reflex.

Y/n's smirk grew wider, "Good boy."

She placed the box on his hand. Her gaze made him feel so weak that at the moment the box felt like it weighed tons.

"Well then, tell everyone that I had to leave earlier than expected. Make sure to treasure my gift. Wouldn't want to disappoint me now."

With that she grabbed her bag and the one sided conversation had ended. He watched in stunned silence as her figure walk down the steps and out of view.

This was completely out of character for Saiki, he knew that all to well.

He was changing and that was terrifying to him.