Want To Race?

basically your car but you can choose the stripe down the middle and what color lights you want <3
~~~~~~~~

70 mph

80 mph

90 mph

Speed is the thing that makes me feel alive. That makes me feel something that I have not felt in a long time. I miss the feeling... But I stopped for my own good, was it really my best choice? Who knows, I may never know.

Quickly my arms pushed open to the coffee shop that I work at, putting on my apron and name tag that has the name Bridget on it. 3 o'clock on the dot is the exact time I have to be in here. Everyone's heads turn to me when I walk in, it's not everyday you see someone run in like they are being chased like a serial killer. My steps slowed as I walked up to the counter and went behind it to drop my school bag next to the entrance behind the counter. Cash register duty is a pain. ¨Welcome to Cuppa Joy Cafe , how may I help you?¨ my voice went to my serving voice so that I sound nice to the customer. Honestly it's a pain but it just comes with the job. The customer was a blonde man with green eyes with a kind smile.

¨Hi can I please get a black coffee, a green tea, and... Nick, what do you want?¨ a man's voice spoke. The guy behind him which I presumed was ¨Nick¨shrugged his shoulders. ¨Surprise us with a drink for him,¨ the man spoke again.

¨What name would you like for the order?¨

¨Clay¨

My head nodded in response to ¨Clay¨. Turning around I go to the black coffee machine which is conveniently placed right behind me and grab a to-go coffee cup and fill it to the brim. Setting it next to the register the man grabs his coffee and takes a long sip. Ouch, how does he do that? His tongue must be burning. Brushing it off now I'm at the tea brewer, grabbing another to-go cup that was also filled to the brim. This one was also set on the counter. 2 down 1 to go. Hmmm what should I get him? I'm never asked to go off of my opinion. There are espressos, or smoothies, tea? I could always give him my favorite... there are no other ideas in my brain so we will just go with (y/f/d). It took only a minute to make the drink and set it on the counter.

"That will be 12.99 sir" my voice went back to the "waiter" voice. He nodded as a response.

"Keep the change," he says as I look down at the money. 50?!?! THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH OF A TIP. Looking back up wanting to deny the extra cash he gave me. But the blondie is gone. I need the money... but I will still be guilty about taking so much money.

The rest of the day was pretty boring but busy. 3-7 is the rush hour, and those are the exact hours I work. And guess who works it by myself. When the clock was approaching 7 everything slowed down. Even though work slows down sometimes on weekends there are shady people that come by at like 2 in the morning.I think people are exaggerating though. Tick. Tick. Tick. 10 seconds... 5 seconds... Time to go.

After 4 hours of basically hell I'm out. The second I walk out of the shop with my school bag hanging off one of my shoulders and grab my car keys out of the front pouch of my backpack. My car is a car you can't miss. A Camaro ZL1 with a fresh looking paint job with the body painted black and two (f/c) stripes going down the middle. That's not even the best part...

When I came up to the car there were some guys looking at the car and checking it out. I mean hey, spending so much time and effort on something it's enjoyable to see people admire it. When I get closer I realize that it was the same people from earlier. Although the guy that tipped me wasn't there, it was only Nick I think and I never heard the other one's name.

My steps begin to slow down since I don't want to be rude and tell them to get out of the way, but it seems that likely has to happen. My finger clicked the unlock button again so that they might get the impression that someone was coming by, but they just looked around them. Then their eyes land on me holding out the unlock button to the car. "This is your car?!?! How can you afford this if you are only a barista?," this is the most british person that I have ever met.

"Um yeah that is my car... I found it in a dump, basically all beat up with the motor missing and the back part of the body were missing, and I forgot to mention there were no windows," wow they asked me a simple question and I have to answer with the whole history of the car. Sounds a lot like me.

"Wow you must really know your stuff, "the one and only raven haired Nick said. Nodding as a response a small smile slipped onto my face. Nick and British boy weren't looking at me anymore now they are looking behind me, please don't be my boss. He always asks me to take extra hours.

Someone put their hand on my shoulder. With this being downtown that is in no way good. Were they just talking about cars with me so that they could get me? My hand falls into my bag and in almost an instant I pull out a butterfly knife (You guys can figure out what you want it to look like <3). Turning around holding the knife up to the person. It was Blondie? "Oh my god I'm so sorry. It's just that we are downtown and I was scared. I swear on my life if I knew it was you I would have never grabbed the knife. My co-worker said they were jumped and I really didn't want to get kidnapped or my car to get stolen," the words spewed out of my mouth so fast you could barely understand what I was saying. He giggled a little and the knife was lowered.

"So this is your car?" He started to walk towards my car and look to the inside.

"Um yeah I rebuilt it myself," Phew this time they don't have to hear my whole story about the car.

"She did way more than just that," British boy said ,"Also call me George." He smiled

"Ya, she rebuilt the motor, the body, and replaced all the windows by herself," Nick said loudly. Wow I've never been praised about my engineering skills, everyone is just interested in the car. My mouth lets a small giggle escape from embarrassment and excitement. George and Nick both have a smile on their faces, this makes me happy that I'm not the only car nerd in this city.

Clay gave a small chuckle also, "Come on boys we have to get going, we can't leave Wilbur waiting forever." With that they all started to head off. The three of them walk past me and make their way to the other side of the parking lot. "See you around," were the last words spoken between us.

Pulling open the car door I put my keys into the ignition and heard the motor come alive. My hand goes on the gear stick and changes it to reverse to get out of my parking spot. Looking in the rearview mirror and seeing no one, my foot goes to the gass and starts backing up. But right then three cars came zooming by, which made my foot go instantly to the break. What the hell???? Who goes that fast in a parking lot?? Besides me???

Quickly pulling out hoping that there will be no more instances like that I start speeding out of there going the same way as the three other cars. The car roars as it goes down a street. The rush hour is 6 o'clock so most of the time there is not a lot of traffic when I come by.

My foot pushed down on the petal making the engine roar. Then I was off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ngl i think i did good