"What was frightening?" I asked and I knew Asher's eyes were on us, I didn't even have to check.

Her eyes flicked to the back window then back to me. "You didn't see two black cars speeding toward us?"

I shook my head and let her continue. "It was so real at first and I was waiting for them to hit us. Then it felt like a dream and I couldn't move my body then I kept hearing them scream that I'd never be safe" Her voice almost broke and I immediately grabbed her into another hug.

"You're safe Yazzy... you're safe with us. I promise you I'll protect you" I whispered softly.

Her small arms wrapped around me, embracing me and she nestled her head onto my chest, her breathing was now completely fine. It was soothing.

"Weird" Asher finally spoke and I shot him a glare. A bit insensitive... not really but you know.

He raised his eyebrows in question then I turned back to Yasmin as she pulled back. Her eyes met mine for a moment but she quickly looked away.

What was that about?

"Did anything else happen?" I felt like she was hiding something and although I felt like a jerk asking, I had too.

I noticed her jaw tighten and her left hand went to her right arm, her eyes on the ground. I didn't want to push it incase she went back into that state.

"Asher, let's head back-" I jumped slightly when the door slammed. I looked up and my eyes landed on Asher who was now standing outside of the car.

My eyes narrowed slightly and I opened the door and got out, closing it behind me after telling Yasmin 'I'd be right back'.

Asher quickly turned his head toward me and his brow creased. I walked over to his side and he watched me. "Go back in the car" His voice was low and I tilted my head slightly.

"Why?" I didn't move from my spot and he let out a frustrated groan. He looked into the trees and his body tensed up.

I followed his gaze into the large amount of trees that was like a woods which was into the distance but close enough to make out the eyes that was staring at us.

My eyes widened and my heart leapt. "He's just watching..." I commented and Asher put his hand in front of my body.

"Get back in the car Mai" He sounded threatening and I frowned. I was about to disagree when I heard a bang on the window behind us.

I whipped around quickly and noticed Yasmin repeatedly bang on the window, attempting to open the car door. I ran over and opened it for her and only now did I notice her face.

She was pale and her eyes were surrounded by red. She exited the car but fell to her knees, her body shaking again.

"It hurts!" She cried out, her body falling to the floor. I ran over but Asher grabbed me and pulled me back when we heard a snap.

A loud cry came from Yasmin and I fought to get to her but Asher didn't let me. "Stop it, she''s changing!" He shouted and I turned to him in shock.

"The bite on her right arm... it's only coming into affect now, they changed her. Or if she was already one, they've made it worse" He narrowed his eyes.

"Worse?" I panicked and finally with one final tug broke free from Asher. I ran over to Yasmin and bent beside hr but didn't touch her.

Tears streamed down her face and she cried out at every snap. Her body slowly began to change and her face grew longer a tail appearing from her. Her legs grew longer and she was turning to a browny colour.

Her cries became distorted and a minute later she had changed.

Her body, lay on the floor, her eyes closed. If her chest wasn't moving and her breaths weren't loud and harsh, I would have believed she was dead. But she wasn't Yasmin anymore.

Well not really. She wasn't human.

A brown wolf lay there, its eyes shut tight. The dark black nose at the tip of its snout was dry and her tail lay flat not moving. I went to walk over to her, worried about her when Asher tugged me back again.

"No" He said and I narrowed my eyes, attempting to shake him up. Why was he being such an asshole about this?

As if he read my mind, her nodded his head toward Yasmin and I turned around. Her tail twitched slightly and her mouth moved, a whimpering noise came from her.

It all stopped for a moment until her eyes finally shot open. They were scared, looking around for help. She pushed herself up but in a matter of moments her four legs gave away, as she wasn't used to it.

She stopped in her tracks when she noticed us and a whine escaped her lips. She pushed herself up weakly, her legs shaky, her paws dug into the ground to keep her upright.

I kneeled down and she made her way over, her eyes filled with fear. Since she was still young her wolf wasn't that large. She was in her pre-teens.

I crawled forward and she collapsed in my arms. Her coat was rough but had a soft touch to it. Her panting still harsh.

She looked up at me, her ears went back as she whined and made barking noises, attempting to speak to me. "I don't understand you, let me shift" I whispered and she simply nodded her head.

"No" Asher spoke from behind me and I glared at him. He wasn't looking at me though, he was looking back into the woods where we saw the set of eyes.

"We don't have time" He turned his back to me and now I understood. The two eyes were still there, watching us but now their were two more sets along side it. Advancing toward us.