I'd kept my hair up, just as he liked it, as he'd always said he liked to see my neck and collarbone..and liked to kiss me there too. And my veil, light and airy, flew all the way down my back and out, it too picking up with the wind

After a lifetime fitted into several moments, we stood eye to eye, my father reluctantly letting go of my hand, and allowing me to take Spencer's.

Spencer, his eyes glistening, puffed out a long breath as his thumb skated over my knuckles, "You...Adriana, you...you take my breath away. I'm so lucky." his voice was low and made everything in my stomach clench up tight.

"I'm the lucky one." I whispered, holding his hands tighter and letting the joy wash over me like a tidal wave.

"Dearly beloved..." Pastor Andrews began in seriousness, before grinning widely, "Are we ready to get this show on the road?"

The congregation, who I was noticing again for the first time in minutes, laughed and there were collective nods amongst them.

"How about you, kids? Ready to start?" Pastor Andrews lowered his voice.

"More than ready, Pastor." Spencer replied,"I've been ready for...oh about, eight years." The corner of his lips curved up in a smile.

I blushed under Spencer's intense gaze and nodded at the good pastor.

"Excellent," Pastor Andrews said, "Well, at your request...repeat after me..."

*

Spencer cleared his throat, "My wife and I--"

The tent full of guests immediately erupted into riotous cheers, with some drumming against their tables, or tapping forks against their champagne glasses.

Spencer chuckled, holding up his other hand to silence them as he shifted the microphone in his hand.

We were married. A perfect ceremony which went off without a hitch and 40 minutes later, I was officially Mrs Spencer Haywood. I could barely begin to describe the happiness I felt.

Spencer had ensured we'd got a moment to spend alone after the ceremony, where he'd proceeded to give me the less PG-version of our kiss at the altar.

"Mrs Haywood," he panted, eyes wide, "You look to die for. F*ck, you've really outdone yourself this time. I can't believe I get to have you all to myself."

I smirked against his lips, "Well, believe it, Mr Haywood, because I'm not going anywhere any time soon. You're stuck with me for life."

"Thank God," he breathed out, "Adriana, this dress, this hair, this-- everything about you, you look absolutely--"

I shook my head with a smile, pressing a finger to his lips, "Plenty of time for that later, husband of mine, we have official photographs to take, and guests waiting."

And that brought us to this very moment, my handsome man giving his wedding speech, one hand on the microphone, the other hand in mine.

He grinned, "As I was saying, my wife and I -- we'd like to thank everyone who managed to make it out today. I know it was short notice, but seeing Adriana today, and how utterly stunning she looks, I think you can understand why I didn't want to wait any longer to put my ring on her finger."

Our guests cheered again. If there was one thing my husband knew how to do, was to command a crowd in an instant.

"In all seriousness though," Spencer cleared his throat, "I'm incredibly grateful to all of the people who helped to put this day together for us, and who decided to go along with my countless hair-brained schemes to make our wedding special.