Broken Hearts

Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada was an idiot who believed that her husband was trying to kill her. It was why she decided that killing herself was the perfect solution to save the man she loves from feeling guilty of her death.

Yes, she was an idiot for sure because she really believed it. But what else was she supposed to think when her husband of few months forced her to get married to him and kept torturing her with his words and actions every single day.

And she was more of an idiot because she fell in love with him in spite of all that because of a brief moment of concern or care in his eyes. Just like right now when he ran to save her from ending her life and was busy chastising her for trying to kill herself.

But he proved to be the idiot when he spoke up and said why he married her in the first place. Khushi didn't have any response to that so she remained silent as he drove them back, she was aware he kept looking at her for explanation but her mind was filled with too much chaos that words escaped her at the moment.

And when she finally spoke up at his insistence, he didn't believe her after all. That was the final straw that broke her heart. Also the moment Khushi realized she wouldn't remain tied by marriage to him anymore.

*************

Payal missed her husband, they have been married for only few months and she wanted to go with him for the business trip. He politely declined her wish because he wanted to appease his mother who is not so in favor of her daughter in law at the moment.

So when she heard a knock on their bedroom door, she was surprised to see her sister looking distressed. Khushi and Payal used to be so close before their respective marriage, the fact Khushi got married in secret played a huge part in the distance.

It was why Payal was worried something was really wrong with her sister for her to approach her in the middle of the night. Payal noticed her sister was bit of a wreck the past few days but it was different today as if she had suffered a lot in matter of few hours.

" What is going on Khushi. Come inside first and tell me " Payal offered the invitation as she felt guilty for not approaching her sister earlier.

"Can I sleep here tonight didi?" Khushi asked first and Payal's concern grew more at the fact there looked like trouble between her sister and her husband.

"Did you fight with Arnavji?" Payal asked her sister. She knows her sister tends to be impulsive and it was why in a way she understood her sudden marriage but still as her sister Payal wondered why Khushi felt like she had to keep it as secret from her as well.

"No didi, nothing like that. I just miss you " Khushi spoke up which could be the truth since even though they lived in the same house, they were not as close as before their marriage. But Payal didn't believe her sister's word this time.

" Come on Khushi, I know everyone of us was surprised by your sudden marriage. But that doesn't mean you have to keep any problems hidden from me. I know marrying Arnavji was your choice, I may have thought you were bit rash with the decision but we are still your family and you can still tell you if you are having problems " Payal answered back worried that her sister felt like she couldn't rely on her family because she married without their knowledge.

"It wasn't my choice didi, none of it was my choice. It never was my choice, not when our parents decided to get me engaged to Shyam and not when I got married to Arnavji. But he won't believe me, why won't he believe me? " her sister spoke up and broke down in tears leaving Payal distressed on her behalf as well as confused because none of it made sense.

"What are you talking about Khushi, tell me you are making me worried?" Payal asked her sister and was left in tears when her sister finally told her the truth and to realize she had been the reason her sister got married without her consent broke her heart.