Confession

"When do you think Kathie will come back?" Carolina said, casually tossing a ball.

Elis shrugged. "She'll come around. She always does." The pair sat on the concrete edge of their high school, watching the afternoon sun's slow decent.

Carolina put down the ball and sighed. "Why does this always have to fucking happen, you two get into way too many fights, holy shit!" She said loudly.

"Wow, jeez, calm down, she actually did something this time. Not my fault she decided to spill my secrets." Elis said defensively, with a hint of disdain in his voice. "Besides, you can function without her, right?" Carolina shrugged to that statement.

"I don't know, it just feels. . .different this time. Like she really meant it. Ugh, god, this sucks." She said, sighing again, while rubbing her temples. It was hard to enjoy the beautiful sky when your childhood friends couldn't ever get along. Elis playfully nudged the distressed girl.

"Hey, calm down. Someone left me a note for you." He pulled a small slip of paper with a messily drawn pink heart on it, as if it had been done in a rush. Carolina opened the little paper. It read, "this is kind of wierd but i like you, cara. I'm probably giving you this at a bad time tho. Sorry. ~Elis"

Carolina glanced at Elis, with his short, dark brown hair and signature sunglasses. He had pulled them up, though, revealing his electric blue eyes; a rare honor, he had them on almost always. He looked nervous, like he'd never done this before. She knew he had, he had practically dated every other girl at school.

So she kissed him.

A/N: hi lol i actually edited this