He's office was on the first floor.

  'Okay.... You ready....?' I asked my second voice.

  'Duh!' My second voice replied.

  ' Knock on the door two times then wait outside.'

  Knock.

  Knock.

  "Come in!" I heard father say.

  'Open the door slowly keeping your head down to towards his desk and place the tray down saying "Your dinner father."'

  I opened the door slowly and the door creaked making me jump a little.

  I kept my head down not wanting to know what mood he was in and placed the tray at his desk.

  "Your dinner father." I told him keeping my head down.

  "Leave." His one word command.

  'Walk out don't run.' my second voice told me as I walked out and closed the door behind me.

  'Phew!' I immediately sighed the moment I got out.

  'Safe at last!' I walked back into the kitchen.

  "Mara, why haven't you eaten yet?" I asked upon entering the kitchen seeing Amaranth rock in her chair back and forth.

  "Mara wait for Sissy." Amaranth said.

  'I should've been faster! The food should be cold by now!' I scolded myself.

  "Let's eat now okay?" I asked Amaranth who nodded.

  I finished mine and Amaranth finished right after.

  Just then the front door slammed open.

  It was Jennette with puffy eyes and still years rolling down her cheeks.

  'Shit...' from her expression she was mad...

  And who's going to be on the receiving end of her madness?

  "Why! Why does kiel like you!" Jennette screamed.

  Me.

  "Jennette, let's calm down..." I told her.

  If father comes everything will be 10× worst!

  "Calm? You want me to stay calm!? I told you I liked him! And this is how you treat me!" Jennette screamed at me.

  "Mara, go to your room okay?" I spoke softly.

  Amaranth nodded her head.

  I knew what was about to happen so I sent Amaranth away.

  ' Walk up to her and say "I'm sorry, I have no idea what I have done to make ijekiel like me. What would you like me to do Jennette?"'

  "I'm sorry, I have no idea what I have done to make ijekiel like me. What would you like me to do Jennette?" I walked up to her.

  "Get the hell away from him!" Jennette yelled at me.

  '"If that's what you want, your my sister. Of course I will do anything to make you happy."'

  "If that's what you want, your my sister. Of course I will do anything to make you happy."

  'Is guilt tripping Jennette really a good idea?'

  "Why does he like you...?" Jennette ask her voice sounding defeated.

  '"I-.... I don't know... Let's work through this together okay...? Maybe we can get him to like you together?" And reach out your hand.'

  "I-.... I don't know... Let's work through this together okay...? Maybe we can get him to like you together?" I reached out my hand.

  This was Jennette's territory.

  One wrong move and I would be dead.

  "Promise...?" Jennette asked.

  '"Promise."'

  "Promise." I told her as she took my hand and I pulled her into a hug.

  "What was all the screaming about!?" Father's voice full of authority boomed through the house.

  '"I sincerely apologize for the noise father. Jennette and I just had a discussion..."'

  "I sincerely apologize for the noise father. Jennette and I just had a discussion..." I said looking at Jennette.

  If she didn't play along right now I would be dead...

  "Yes dad. Me and Athy were just talking.." she said.

  "Why have you been crying?" Father asked Jennette.

  '"Our discussion was about the really sad movie and, Jennette ended up crying."'

"Our discussion was about the really sad movie and, Jennette ended up crying." I said.

  Was my second voice defending Jennette?

  No! Never!

  Was my second voice defending me?

  Yes.

  If Jennette were to say something unacceptable who would pay the price?

  Me.

  Jennette nodded whiping her tears.

  "I see." Was all father replied as he placed his plate in the stack of things I have to wash.

  '"Jennette you hungry?"'

  "Jennette you hungry?" I asked as father left.

  Jennette nodded her head.

  I quickly heated up the extra portion and placed it infront of her for her to eat.

  While she was eating I washed the dishes.

  "What do you think we should do athy?" Jennette asked.

  '"Why don't we try going on a double date? Me, Lucas and you, Kiel."

  "Why don't we try going on a double date? Me, Lucas and you, Kiel."

  'Wait....'

  'What...?'

  'WHY!?!'

  "I didn't know you and Lucas were a thing." Jennette told me.

  'Of course you didn't because we aren't!'

  '"We aren't a thing. He's my friend."'

  " We aren't a thing. He's my friend."

  'At least... I hope he is my friend...'

  "How would that work though... Kiel would not have his attention on me and only me." Jennette said.

  'Someone get me out of here!!!!'

  '"I'll drag Lucas and myself away. That way it would be only Jennette and kiel time."

  "I'll drag Lucas and myself away. That way it would be only Jennette and kiel time."

  "Really? That's perfect! That you so much athy!" Jennette said as she left her plate and went upstairs.

  'Shit...'

  'I just doomed myself...'

  'How am I going to ask Lucas.... On a date...?'