"You had a mad weary episode. You suffer from that if you didn't know that already."

I scoff and say "I do not." He nods and says "You do." I open his eyelids with my thumbs and index fingers and say "No I don't."

He pushes my hands off and sits up sighing. "Trust me. You do. You were screaming in your sleep and when I came in you went full attack mode. Why do you think your room is trashed?"

I look around and see the picture frames and miscellaneous furniture disheveled. All messed up. I stand up abruptly and say "Shit. Oh god."

He nods and says "Once the team gets back you need to tell Ajak..."

"NO!"

He looks taken aback by my shouting and says "What?"

I rub my face freaking out "You can't tell them." He sits up and says "Why?" I shake my head and say "Druig. You owe me. Promise me you won't."

"Gaia. You need help."

I feel the hot tears coming to my eyes quickly and I shake my head quickly. "She'll erase me. Everything of me. There's no cure. Please don't make me lose everything."

His face drops and he says "Oh god."

I cry "Please. I don't want to forget. I like my life..." I see the bleeding cut on his arm and I quickly walk over. I point to it and say "Did I do that?"

He looks to his arm and says "Oh that? No."

I look up into his eyes as I leaned over the comforter. I plead with him through my eyes and say "Don't lie to me."

He nods and says "Fine. I didn't move out of the way fast enough when you had a dagger."

I groan and put my head down. "I'm dangerous."

He shakes his head and says "No you aren't. You can't hurt a fly."

I stand up and say "At least let me fix your cut. God I'm so sorry." He says "Oh. No I'm fine. I'm immortal-"

"Get up."

I walk away and into my bathroom. I wait for him to enter and I have him sit at my vanity.

"Take off your long sleeve shirt."

He smirks and says "Buy me dinner first." I roll my eyes and chuckle "Shut up. Take it off."

"I'm not a stripper you know."

I shake my head and say "Could've fooled me." He smirks and hesitantly slides his long sleeved shirt off. I see the burn mark from a blast on his abdomen and say "I..I did that?"

He stares at the ground and says "You got a few good hits in."

I grab the clean wash cloth from the cabinet and wet it with warm water. I walk over to him and dab it onto his cut on his arm. I hold his arm straight as I wipe the blood off. He looks down at me treating it.

I mumble out quietly "I don't want to hurt anyone."

He nods and says "I won't let you hurt anyone." 

I meet his eyes and he pushes a strand of wavy dark hair back behind my ear leaving his hand lingering there. I feel a small amount of warmth from it staying there.

He and I stare at each other for a moment and I say "I can't tell makkari."

He says "You tell Makkari everything."

I nod and say "She would force me into getting help."

He nods and says "Would that be such a bad thing? Ajak wouldn't have to erase you."

I push his hand off my cheek and go to rinse out the wash cloth. I say "You wouldn't get it." He nods and says "I wouldn't." I sigh and say "I've been getting dreams... at least I thought they were dreams. But I think they were mad weary."

He prods farther and says "What happens in the dreams?"

"A lot of stuff."

He sighs annoyed and says "Stop being blunt and tell me damnit."

I shake my head and say "They're embarrassing." He smiles and says "Well, tell me about the most recent one. I know I was in it. You kept calling my name."

"I'm not gonna tell you. I didn't enjoy that one."

He nods and says "But you enjoyed the other ones?" I grumble and say "They didn't cause me to lose my mind and attack people." He sighs and says "You haven't lost your mind. Not yet. I won't let that happen."

I stare down at the running water my lip quivering and spit out the words "How Druig? I already injured you? In that stupid dream or whatever it was I died. You watched me die and it fucking sucked."

His eyes widen and I break down in hysterics "I'm a danger to everyone."

He says "Gaia."

I shake my head and hold my head in my hands. He calmly says "Gaia."

I walk back towards him and say "I'm sorry. I know I need to help you-"

"You don't need to do anything Gaia. I can take care of this myself. It's fine. Are you alright?"

I nod quickly and unconvincingly. I touch his upper abdomen and place the warm washcloth on his wound. "I'm sorry you can't ask Ajak to heal this."

"Gaia stop apologizing. Honestly I needed it after how badly I spoke to you and my arrogance took over."

I shake my head and tears fall onto my arms and I try to push them away. He pulls my chin up and says "I won't let them take my Gaia away. I will control you if I have to if it comes to it. You won't hurt anyone."

I nod and I hug him tightly seeking comfort immediately. I'm terrified. I don't want to lose my memories of everyone I love. Everything would change.

Makkari and I wouldn't be as close. I can't lose her. And god I can't lose Druig. As much pain he's caused me. I love him.

I press a kiss to his cheek and bury my cheek into his shoulder. He pats my back and says "I won't let you hurt yourself or anyone else Gaia. I promise."

I nod into his shoulder and say "I don't want to forget."

"You won't."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

a/n: so? We're starting to get back to the plot now! Mad wr'ry is back! ALSO, doesn't Gaia look STUNNING in the gif above? What'd you think of this chapter? Also did you watch the no way home trailer? It gave me literal chills. It was beautiful. You guys should definitely check it out. Next chapter will be Sersi and Ikaris' wedding I think. Not a thousand percent sure yet. Anyway, good morning, afternoon, evening and night. Whatever pertains to you. also.... I may be making an Ikaris fic, I have the perfect idea for one and the perfect person to play Lena, Ikaris' love interest. Question to be answered down below!

Q&A: who's the best Spider-Man? 🕷