The Walk Home

A bright and sunny day came upon the campus of Itan Private High School as the bright burning orb in the sky shines down on the many houses and shops visible around the school.

By this time of day, not many of the students on campus were present, clubs weren't officially formed yet and everyone wanted to come home from an exhausting first day of introductions and what they will be learning in the near future.

Of course there were a few students still present, outside as they hung out near the water fountain or at the large school's gates. Then there was one who stood near the entrance of the school.

A ravenette, the princess of class 1-1 as her violet eyes stared forward and around the dazzling grass and people that was caught in the sun's rays.

With everything in front of her eyes, she focuses mainly on the students on campus. What did they all have in common?

Well, the students that hung outside of their building and on the grass or near the water fountain, not one was left out. Everyone had a clique or a group they stayed with constantly as they laughed, talked, and smile.

Friends what they're called as Komi continued to hang near the entrance of the school, hesitating to herself if she should talk to them or not. But the more she hesitates, the slimmer her chances got to talk to at least one of the students at the schoolyard. And besides, she's not really good at talking as she had her worries and fears building up inside her.

If she might stumble on a word and they'll laugh or they'll think she's boring. Or maybe they don't wanna be her friend at all.

"Hey, Komi..." her cat ears perks up and twists behind her. The familiar voice that calls for her name stood behind her as she sees a gentle h/c with menacing e/c eyes smiling to her. "Whatcha doing here?" He asked kindly, tilting his head as the smile was still existent.

Komi's eyes widens as she looked at the wall to write some more with the... chalk... board...

Suddenly, Komi starts to get frantic as she looked around her to find that the walls did not hold a green chalkboard or some chalk as it's just filled with club posters and lockers around them.

Y/n seemed to see the uneasiness that was obvious on her face and tries to calm her down. "We're in the hallway, Komi... Maybe..." he thinks for a minute as he snaps his fingers.

"You can use your notebook and pencil..."

A bright idea from Y/n as her cat ears perks some more and rummaged through her book bag and grabbed her writing utensils out. Her pencil quickly slices on the paper in front of her as she made up a small sentence.

I was about to go home.

After reading the small sentence, the boy smiles softly and, "Same here... Today was really tiring..."

And then, silence. A gust of wind blew near them as their hair danced in the direction it blew while Komi's skirt and Y/n's jacket swiveled around as well. The two classmates couldn't bare strong eye contact as they looked away from each other and looked elsewhere.

It felt quiet, the sound of cars passing through with the trees rustling around their branches and leaves.

With the minutes slowly passing by while the two stood in the same position, Y/n was the one to break that quiet atmosphere between them.

"...You wanna... walk home together?"

Her eyes widens instantly. It was like he read her mind from before as she anxiously wrote in her notebook and revealed some sloppy handwriting. But it was readable.